Help with Vitamin Daily Schedule......

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/08 4:52 am - LA
This is what I have to take. What time and when do I take them? Pre teaching class wasnt that great. RNY is the 19th. Chewable with iron Metanx B12 Dont I need to be taking other things as well?? What about C and B1 and ret of the B's.
LizzyL
on 2/10/08 7:37 am, edited 2/10/08 7:51 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello,
please don't basic your information only online and take people's advice on here. its ok to see what others do but its is important to always follow up with your surgeon and nutritionist.

We need to keep on taking our vitamins everyday..........for the rest of your life! We will have malabsorption issues because of our weight loss surgery...

if we do not take our vitamins .....we could end up in the hospital....

Please follow up with your nutritionist on what vitamins to take. sit down with them and ask them. they will help you give you a better guideline the vitamins that you will most need are : Calcium Magnesium Citrate Plus Vitamin D  -  get all 3 vitamins in one capsule or get it in a liguid vitamin.  which ever works for you. just remember you need all 3 vitamins in the calcium vitamin. a good multivitamin - like -  Bariatric Advantage Multi-Formula Chew Tropical - High in Vitamins A, D, E, K you should take a ....  B - 100 complex vitamin every single day. When you buy the B complex vitamin. make sure the bottle says  B - 100  complex vitamin. then you know you will get the 100 % of all the B vitamins. Biotin vitamin - take Biotin everyday.  iron vitamin  - always take a Vitamin C with your iron pill The vitamin C will help the iron absorb better. B-6--B12--folic acid -Sublingual 1,000 mg. - take under the tonge ( trader joes brand ) I take my B 6,12,folic acid  - once a day! i am never tired. this gives me tons of enegry! follow up with your nutritonist. eat first , then wait for 30 - 45 minutes .........then take your vitamins. always have food in your stomach before taking your vitamins. vitamins can eat a hole through your stomach. here is my vitamin schedule below.  :-)

At breakfast 

Vitamin C ( 1,000 mg ) ( The vitamin shoppe )
Multivitamin ( one chewable - Bariatric Advantage vitamins - here )
Biotin ( 5,000 mg ) -Solaray brand chewable vitamin ( click here )
B-100 complex - Solaray brand vitamin ( Click here )
B-6-12-folic acid - ( trader joes brand )
Calcium Magnesium Citrate Plus Vitamin D  - 1 tablespoon. - this is the one i take (  click here )
Flax seed ( 1,000 mg ) ( The vitamin shoppe )
evening primerose (1,000 mg ) ( The vitamin shoppe )
CoQ10 ( 100 mg ) ( The vitamin shoppe )
Vitamin K ( 100 mg ) ( Solaray brand  - i buy it at - The vitamin shoppe )
Acidophilus - ( one table spoon - 15 ml - this is the one I take - here , in liquid form )

At Lunch-

Vitamin C ( 1,000 mg )
Vitron C -Iron

At dinner

Multivitamin ( Bariatric Advantage vitamin )
biotin ( 5,000 mg )
Calcium Magnesium Citrate Plus Vitamin D -  1 tablespoon.
Flax seed ( 1,000 )
Acidophilus ( one table spoon )
Vitamin C ( 1,000 mg )

before going to bed i take
DGL Licorice ( 1 chewable )

Just by reading my post this seems like a lot of supplements but ..its all worth taking,

because.. to be honest .... i feel absolutely wonderful 

and in June ....I will be 4 years post op:-) Again , please don't basic your information only online and take people's advice on here. always follow up with your surgeon and nutritionist.

best wishes to you.

hugss
Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/08 7:47 am - LA
Gosh girl, that is a s*** load of stuff. However, sounds like you're doing good. Thanks so much for the info. I guess once you get use to it its all a matter of routine. J
LizzyL
on 2/10/08 8:02 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello :-) yes you are right... once you get use to it...and take your vitamins every single day..... its like brushing your teeth .... you just do it without thinking about it. also you should do this with exercising. if you exercise every single day in the morning ..... you just do it without thinking about it. it all becomes a good healthy habit and that is what we are aiming for , right ? :-) a good healthy new lifestyle! good luck to you hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Most Active