liquid diet pre op error

MARIPOSA4013
on 2/6/08 11:25 pm - MORRIS, PA
Hello, yesterday I had a mistake, I ate 2 ounces of low fat cheese. I am on a liquid preop diet. I have one week to go. My liquid diet has been set by my nutritionist, not my surgeon. So I would like to ask a Nutritionist if this is going to be ok, or if I made a huge mistake, and do I now risk the possibility of being cancelled next Thursday when I go in for surgery. I have a phone call in to my Nut by the way but they are busy and may not get back to me this week. Thanks in advance for any help. =) Lisa
eliza1128
on 2/7/08 2:15 am - Little Rock, AR
I really don't think this is going to make a difference.  Just go on from here. Eliza
Just Valena
on 2/7/08 3:55 am - Nunyabizness
Don't sweat it. The main reason for the liquid diet is so that your liver shrinks down.  If it's too big it can affect the visibility of stomach and intestine that they need to see for surgery. My doc made me do liquids for one week prior to my lap RNY. I have heard of others who don't have to do any of that pre-op and came out A-OK.

MARIPOSA4013
on 2/7/08 4:55 am - MORRIS, PA
thanks guys for the input. my nut still hasnt gotten back to me. i hate it that they never get back to me for like days. thats why i posted the question here.
DanielleH_RD
on 2/9/08 8:53 am - CA
Don't worry about it. Stay on track for the rest of your diet - you should be fine!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

DawnD
on 2/10/08 3:21 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hi, I'm not exactly an expert on this, but I can tell you that my pre-op (liver shrinking) diet involves no liquid meals.  Same for post-op.  My 2 weeks pre-op (of which I'm on day 4) consists of lean proteins, vegetables and minimal fruit.   Just wanted to share.  Good luck to you! -Dawn
Most Active