Dr Oz says to take Magnesium

madoan
on 2/6/08 9:31 pm - Burleson, TX
I am so consipated I think I am giving birth sometimes.  I drink all my water, take 2 to 3 stool softners a day and still have this problem.  Dr Oz was on Oprah the other day and said if you take Calcium it could be binding and you should take Magnesium with it.  Anyone heard of this and is it okay for RNY patients to take Magnesium?

LizzyL
on 2/6/08 11:01 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Madoan, yes it is true. you need to take calcium along with Magnesium and PLUS Vitamin D so look for a vitamin that has ALL 3 vitamins together in ONE pill. i take this Calcium ..... CLICK HERE Scroll down and read and look at the Supplement Facts ! good luck hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Nicole T.
on 2/7/08 4:30 am
what does it taste like?
LizzyL
on 2/7/08 6:20 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Nicole, It taste like blueberries. :-) hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

01mommy
on 2/7/08 1:49 am
That supplement doesn't have the correct vit D we need...We need DRY D3.   As long as you are taking that in addition to the correct D, you should be good to go!
218/135/143/130
Pre-op/Lowest/Current/Goal

LizzyL
on 2/7/08 6:26 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi, are you talking about my supplement ? i've been talking this brand since my surgery. my blood test labs and vitamin levels are all very good. i never had a problem taking this form of calcium. Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

jinjer
on 2/7/08 10:14 pm - Eastwood, KY
You need magnesium oxide for that. You can purchase these at Target or any pharmacy. They are really cheap. The dosage is 500mg per caplet. Experiment to see what works for you, start with 1 and work your way up. I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. It seems to keep things going. Sometimes I have to add more. Jinjer
nicholef29
on 2/8/08 6:12 am - NY
HI I WAS WONDERING DO I TAKE THE MAGNESUIM AT THE SAME TIME AS MY CALCIUM?

LizzyL
on 2/9/08 10:22 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Nicholef29, Yes ....you should be taking magnesuim at the same time as your calcium. look for a vitamin that has ALL 3 vitamins together ....in  ONE  pill   or   a  liquid  vitamin  form.

i take this Calcium ..... CLICK HERE hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

jinjer
on 2/9/08 5:54 am - Eastwood, KY
You don't have to, unless your calcium does not have any magnesium in it. Magnesium helps with calcium absorption, even if it is a small amount. If you calcium has magnesium in it, then just do them in the morning and at night. I would suggest starting on a weekend so you can judge how you are going to react to the mag. It can "move" some folks quite quickly, others it can take overnight. Jinjer
Most Active