When did you stop??

kellien
on 2/5/08 8:05 pm - tampa, FL
Hi All, I had RNY Aug 22nd 2006.. i'm down 85 lbs and absolutely thrilled! I exercise 3-4 times a week, play tennis w/my husband.. my eating is in line (i believe) i start my day w/a protein shake.. i have cheese and nuts on break, lunch will be chili or something along those lines.. a protien bar snack late afternoon and then a sensible dinner. I drink all my water, take my shots, take my vitamins.. I'm soooo being a good girl.. but I've been stalled for EVER!  (six weeks or so) Is this it? Is my body done losing weight? At what point did your bodies say 'ok, we're here?" Am i here? What do i do now?  Is this just one loooong plateau?  Im' at a loss as to what to do next...  how do i turn it up a notch from here? Do I need to or will i bust through this plateau?  Plateaus in the past have  last 2-4 weeks, but never this long.  Someone help!!!  Thanks so much, Kellie
kruzen55
on 2/5/08 8:31 pm - pittsburgh, PA
hi kellie, need a little more information....what was your starting weight, current weight and goal?  if you still have alot to loose then i'm sure it's a plateau.....add alittle more water and maybe add a different type of exercise. S~ 202/109/119 before/lowest/current 4/29/03
kellien
on 2/6/08 1:43 am - tampa, FL
my starting weight was 317.. my current is about  235. My goal?  I don't really have one.. but I know this isn't it. I drink TONS of water.. i dont' think i can possibly add more.  I'll try the exercise thing.. does anyone else have feedback? Thanks!
H A.
on 2/6/08 2:56 am - NOR CAL, CA

You had surgery August 2007 right not 2006?

kellien
on 2/6/08 3:51 am - tampa, FL
yes.. sorry.. 2007.. i'm about 5 months out.
Kimberly B.
on 2/8/08 10:40 am - Elk Grove, CA
Ok that makes more sense that you had surgery in 2007.  If it was 2006, my reply would be a lot different.  This is not it.  Everyone, including myself worries about plateaus and not losing fast enough or reaching their goal, but let me assure you that you will continue to lose.  I lost about 3/4 of the weight I wanted to lose or 75 lbs in the first 6 months and it took me another 6 months to lose the last 25 to 30 pounds.  I know it is hard when you are used to losing so quickly but you will continue.  When I slowed down, I would go weeks without losing at all and then in one week would drop a few pounds and then go a few more weeks wothout losing and so on.  Good luck, Kim

Most Active