Need help to lose 5lbs - 1 week?

bettyboop2be
on 2/4/08 9:17 pm - London, Canada
Ok, I have been a very good girl and been on protein shakes for almost 3 weeks.  To this date I have not lost 1 lb.  I am frusterated and concerned.  I know that my doc wanted me to lose 10 lbs before surgery and I have not.  I need to lose 5 more lbs in 1 week.  Is this possible?  I REALLY need some help on this.  I need some ideas please. Carrie

It has been quite a life change but well worth every minute to be where I am at today!

HW-276 SW-257 CW-135

cutie3pie5
on 2/5/08 12:52 am - Lexington, SC
Hi Carrie, congrats on your upcoming surgery!  :)   Are protein shakes the only thing you are doing?? Are you eating solid foods? If so, what is your daily routine?   I know my surgeon put me on the Atkins program for two weeks prior to surgery  (the goal is to shrink the liver before surgery so surgery will go smoother.)  I didn't lose all the weight he wanted me to, but I tried really hard.   ~Shannon
kruzen55
on 2/5/08 8:33 pm - pittsburgh, PA
i too lost well on the atkins diet many times before surgery.  cut out all the carbs you can...don't eat anything white or sugary. good luck, sue ps....drink lots of water too!
madoan
on 2/6/08 9:34 pm - Burleson, TX
I did Atkins Advantage protein shakes for 1 month before my surgery and lost 27 pounds.  Make sure you are drinking enough water to flush your system and also you need to exercise everyday if you can.  Good luck

Most Active