protien

patti_jo
on 2/4/08 8:35 pm - pawtucket, RI
i have not had surgery yet but i was wondering if someone could help mei weigh 343 lbsand was wondering how many calories and how much protien i should have      patti jo

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/08 9:45 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Hi, Patti Jo.  In order for folks here to offer helpful suggestions, we need more information about what you're trying to do.  Are you trying to lose weight before surgery?  Are you trying to determine your basic nutritional needs at your current weight?  Determine how much protein an average person needs (not taking surgery into consideration, since you are pre-op)?  Are you working with a nutritionist or dietician?  If so, what did they recommend?  If not, is one available to you as part of your pre-op work?  Nutrition counseling is key to being successful with WLS and to staying healthy afterwards.   Kellie
patti_jo
on 2/4/08 9:56 pm - pawtucket, RI
. hi, yes i have to lose 25 more pounds before i see doc. agian. i have already lost like 20 lbs ihave to get down to 318 and at 344 i am determind to get this surgery  i know it is only a tool. i am going to see the dietian on the 13 of feb . so i was just wondering what to do before than . right now i am walking 4 times a day about 4 miles each time i do have a  walker that has seat that i sit on when i get tired or my knees hurt. i eat 3 meals a day with a special k bar once a day . and i drink about 5or 6 bottles of water a day 16 oz . i hope that is enough info. to help me out       THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME PATTI JO

LizzyL
on 2/4/08 9:53 pm, edited 2/4/08 9:54 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello Patti Jo, only your nutritionist can help you with this. because they know your personal background history. calorie intake usually goes by how much activity/intensity your exercise is that you do each day,   PLUS your height , sex and age. I suggest you to go to your nutritionist and have them go over a diet plan that works for your person needs. they can help you adjust your calories accordingly to how much intensity workouts you do each day. Your nutritionist will have to monitor your progress closely to make sure that whatever your intake is....  is the proper calorie intake level for you and your workouts. best wishes to you :-) hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

patti_jo
on 2/4/08 9:59 pm - pawtucket, RI
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY      PATTI JO
Most Active