Vitamin Schedule

kruzen55
on 2/3/08 9:30 am - pittsburgh, PA
hi, i have really neglected taking vitamins.  i'm almost 5 years out and want to get back to taking my vitamins faithfully daily.  Can someone please list for me the vitamins i should be taking and when i should take them.   i do remember taking my centrum chewable multi-vitamin every morning and a sublingual b12 2 times a week in the morning...but don't remember much else. thanks so much.... btw stats....surgery 4/29/03, 4'11" - weight from 202 to 106, leveled out at 115 for the last  3 years.....
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/08 10:18 am, edited 2/3/08 10:20 am
What Happened?  No flaming here... just want to know why you stopped taking them. I am on a lot of supplements based on my recent Labs. I don't like taking them, but that's what I signed-on with WLS.  It can be a bother! Since so much time has gone by, I'd find a Nutritionist that specializes in Bariatric clients.  Getting your updated labs and recommendations is probably the simpliest way to get back on track. Mention any symptoms that you have... no matter how silly... tingling fingers (or any where else)... hair loss... etc.   Good Idea to restart!    Ro
kruzen55
on 2/3/08 10:25 am - pittsburgh, PA
i don't have any symptoms except i'm tired.  i've had my labs taken every year and they are fine and that's probably why i fell into the 'i don't have to take vitamins' predicament.  i do know i need to take them, i just can't remember the schedule. any help with the vitamins i need to take and also their miligrams would be much appreciated! thanks....
cbhjr98
on 2/3/08 2:56 pm
Here's what I'm supposed to take: B:   B12, Multi (1 of 3), 50mg Iron L:   Multi (2 of 3), 50mg Iron 2ish: Multi (3 of 3) 5pm: 500mg Calcium (can't take within 2 hrs of taking your Iron or Multi w/ Iron - that's what gets me usually) 7pm: 500mg Calcium 9pm: 500mg Calcium Granted - I have a tough time still with the timing. Hope this helps. I'll be going for my 3 mo post-op labs soon.

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
sam31
on 2/4/08 11:13 pm - Modesto, CA
This is the one to go with! Listen to the still new, they have it fresh in their mind. (I am too) That is similar to my regimine.
drgreene1096
on 2/3/08 11:33 pm - Alexandria, IN
I am guessing that we had different surgeries (I had the DS), but I will tell you what I do . . . 3 Calcium chews with Vitamin 3 - at intervals throughout the day. 4 Flinstone Chewables in between my calcium chews. b12 on Sundays 1000 mg of biotin every day I've not had a bad report yet. 

Danielle ~ GRDS~ Dr. Ara Keshishian ~ 7/5/05

SW~336
CW~126
GW~136

10 pounds under goal!! 

"
When life hands you lemons, stuff them down your bra to make your boobs look bigger."

kleekelly
on 2/4/08 9:39 am - Hudson Falls, NY
I havent had surgery yet but here is the list i got 2 flinstones vits daily 500mg calcium plus d..2 a day 1000 mcg b-12 sublingual daily chelated iron daily good luck getting back into the routine!

Kristy 

sam31
on 2/4/08 11:17 pm - Modesto, CA
Listen to CBHJR98! That's around what I take when I remember. I work really hard on remembering to take them, that's my battle! My recent discovery is to load them in a baggy in the morning and  put them in my pocket, whenever I put my hand in my pocket it reminds me!  Also, even though I'm only 7 1/2 months out, I have a food/mind problem again now (for last 2 months) and  I am taking Caltrate 600+D Calcium chewables  and they help with something in the mouth kinna sweet.
LizzyL
on 2/5/08 12:13 am, edited 2/5/08 12:16 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello, i take my vitamins every single day. because i do not want to get a deficiency in any vitamin even if we DO take our vitamins faithfully , we could STILL end up very sick because of our surgery. please keep on taking your vitamins every day...for the rest of your life. if we do not take them...we could end up in the hospital.... Please follow up with your surgeon and nutritionist and get a full CBC on all your vitamins and see where your levels are at this point. you may be very low in some vitamin areas..... here's what I take everyday and give me tons of enegry. :-)

At breakfast 

Vitamin C ( 1,000 mg ) ( The vitamin shoppe )
Multivitamin ( one chewable - Bariatric Advantage vitamins - here )
Biotin ( 5,000 mg ) -Solaray brand chewable vitamin ( click here )
B-100 complex - Solaray brand vitamin ( Click here )
B-6-12-folic acid - ( trader joes brand )
Calcium Magnesium Citrate Plus Vitamin D  - 1 tablespoon. - this is the one i take (  click here )
Flax seed ( 1,000 mg ) ( The vitamin shoppe )
evening primerose (1,000 mg ) ( The vitamin shoppe )
CoQ10 ( 100 mg ) ( The vitamin shoppe )
Vitamin K ( 100 mg ) ( Solaray brand  - i buy it at - The vitamin shoppe )
Acidophilus - ( one table spoon - 15 ml - this is the one I take - here , in liquid form )

At Lunch-

Vitamin C ( 1,000 mg )
Vitron C -Iron

At dinner

Multivitamin ( Bariatric Advantage vitamin )
biotin ( 5,000 mg )
Calcium Magnesium Citrate Plus Vitamin D -  1 tablespoon.
Flax seed ( 1,000 )
Acidophilus ( one table spoon )
Vitamin C ( 1,000 mg )

before going to bed i take DGL Licorice ( 1 chewable )

Just by reading my post this seems like a lot of supplements but ..its all worth taking,
because.. to be honest .... i feel absolutely wonderful  and in June ....I will be 4 years post op:-) best wishes to you.
hugss
Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/08 1:33 pm, edited 2/5/08 2:24 pm

Good Info.  Wishing you the best.

Most Active