Weight loss before Gastric Bypass, not loosing anything! Please help

shelligwen
on 2/2/08 7:54 am
Hi I've been approved for wls and will be having a gastric bypass in March.  My doctor has asked me to lose as much weight as i can by then. I have been on the nutrasystem diet for the last month eating between 900-1100 calories a day and haven't lost any weight.  I'm i doing something wrong?  Is there another diet that would work better for me? I can only do limited exercise because of a back injury sustained in a recent car wreck.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
kleekelly
on 2/2/08 10:07 am - Hudson Falls, NY
Hello, Our center puts us on Medifast, but I was allergic to the soy in it, so they have me on 3 slim fast shakes a day.  If I get hungry I have a cup of broth, and 64 oz of water a day... I have lost 25 lbs in 3 weeks.  Good luck!

Kristy 

creatyvyti
on 2/4/08 10:48 am - oxon hill, MD

So glad I read your post.  I've been on a plateau for over a year.  Do you think the slim fast will work? Are there other methods that you know of?  Did you lose the 25 with or without exercise?

newbirth2006
on 2/2/08 10:04 pm - Raleigh, NC
Good Morning,   I tried the slim fast diet as well as the Weigh****cher point system .  I hope that this has been some help for you . Wishing you all the Best....I know that you will do GREAT. Have a nice day                                                                                                                                     Stephanie                                                                                                                                           331/190
kleekelly
on 2/4/08 12:02 pm - Hudson Falls, NY
Hi, I have not yet started exercising.  I will after surgery...but the 25 lbs was w/o exercise.  It works very well...I have 2-3 shakes a day.  Good luck in your decision!

Kristy 

Most Active