Question for a dietitian

Lori V.
on 2/2/08 5:53 am, edited 2/2/08 5:54 am - Spokane, WA

I had the rny done in 2002 and a revision to ds in 1/ 2007. I have an rny pouch and a 75cm common channel. I thought, after the surgery, that I was ds and followed that diet. I lost 65 pounds in the 1st 4 months, then not one pound more. I have not gained nor lost. Through some research I was told that I was more like an rny, so I began eating a diet more similar to the rny...still no loss, not one pound gained or lost. I am 5 ft 4 and weigh 235 pounds. I have not lost and inches or pounds since may/june of 2007.      I try to eat about 100 grams of protein, mostly meat, eggs, cheese and nuts and one protein drink a day, I limit my sugar (really avoid it for the most part) and keep carbs down to about 15 to 20 % a day, mostly vegetables and fruit. I drink about 100 oz of water a day. I drink several cups of coffee, so I make sure I replace it with water. I have gone back and forth of the fats. I don't eat to excess, but if I cut them way back I become constipated and very miserable.      I am active, a little less with all of the snow we have now.  I am going to start getting more serious about working out at home, the walking is going to have to wait until spring. In the meantime I would like to know what is a healthy diet to follow. I would like to have some guidelines. I cannot put into words how it feels to be two gastric bypass surgeries down the road and still be obese. I began this journey at 340 pounds I am 2 surgeries later and have lost 105 pounds total. I am happy about the loss, but I know that I should also be much closer to my goal of 165/175.    I look forward to any advice you have.

Thank you

"Loss is nothing else but change, and change is nature's delight"  I wish you all great delight,
Lori V

DanielleH_RD
on 2/10/08 2:21 am - CA
You need to see an RD. Make an appointment.  This is beyond the scope of this board. You have tried so many things and you really need the individualized intervention that an RD - skilled in WLS- can provide.
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active