New Whey Liquid Protein Shots - Yes? No? Maybe?

DJ Wood
on 2/1/08 2:27 am - Columbus, GA
There has been some discussion on the Main Board about whether or not the Liquid Protein Shots are beneficial to wls patients, and if the protein in those shots can or cannot be absorbed. Can you give us the facts?

Age 55
Height 5'8" 
HW301/SW296/CW174/GW155

Jennifer S.
on 2/1/08 6:46 am - Scranton, PA
I am very interested in these as well!!! I think this is just what I need... Also, does anyone know where online you can get a good deal on these? Also, anyone drink the AcheiveOne Coffee drinks???
DJ Wood
on 2/1/08 7:51 am - Columbus, GA
I  love the AchievOne Mocha Java and I just ordered a case of Cappucino from BariatricEating.com  I am looking around to compare prices. - dj

Age 55
Height 5'8" 
HW301/SW296/CW174/GW155

jinjer
on 2/1/08 11:44 pm - Eastwood, KY
There is supposition that one cannot absorb more than 30 or so grams of protein per sitting. However, there is no scientific evidence of that. Even the Beef industry could not give an answer as to how much someone can absorb. With that said, I have used the New Whey bullets through my whole journey. They were life savers during those first few months when i couldn't hold very much at a time, and really need the water also. I used the 42 gram ones, and would divide them between 2 bottles of water. I added them to my bottle of water and then added a fruit punch Crystal Light to help with the taste. I love it!!!!!!! I also dropped my 2 calcium citrate pills in there to dissolve. I was getting my water, protein and calcium all in one. The reason I divided the 42 gram ones was economics. It made more money sense than purchasing the 24s. I hope that helps. By the way, my labs have been great. Jinjer
Jennifer S.
on 2/2/08 11:34 am - Scranton, PA
Yeah I was wondering about the whole thing about how much protein the body can absorb. I am very interested in getting the bullets, maybe doing half in the morning, and half in the afternoon.  I would had to think I am taking a whole one at one sitting and it is not being used by the body properly. So I am thinking of dividing it in 2, either half twice a day, or maybe even half once a day. Anyone else have any foodback on this?
wendy_fou
on 2/2/08 11:55 am - AR
The RD/NUT on this forum said that the 30 g of protein maximum absorption thing is a myth.  It was a thread a while back.   I do the New Whey 42 bullets and have throughout my journey.  They are the ONLY way that I could manage to get above 60 grams of protein a day.   My favorite is the orange flavor.  I mix them with orange flavored crystal light and they taste just like orange juice.  Sometimes I do the whole thing in the morning for breakfast.  Sometimes I do 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night.   (I have also tried the fruit punch and grape which are both good mixed with like-flavored crystal light.  But orange is my favorite.)
Jennifer S.
on 2/2/08 12:04 pm - Scranton, PA
I keep reading more and more that this is all a myth... Soooo I really think I am going to try these. I have been shopping around, looking for the best deals online and so far it is Ebay. I am going out tomorrow and I am going to check some local health stores.
wendy_fou
on 2/2/08 12:22 pm, edited 7/10/08 1:48 pm - AR
Ebay is a great place to get a sample of each flavor  because there used to be a seller on there that sold 1 vial of each flavor.  That would let you try all 4 flavors and decide which one you like before buying them by the case. I buy mine by the cases (12 per box) from www.fitnessfirstusa.com because of their low shipping charges.  Most places charge out the BUTT for shipping liquid protein because it is so heavy (it's liquid - DUH!).  www.fitnessfirstusa.com charges a flat $6 for shipping NO MATTER HOW BIG YOUR ORDER IS.  I usually order 48 vials for $108 (24 vials is $54 making them only $2.25 per vial).  They usually let me pick free gifts too.  So I have got to try a couple of their protein bars for free.  I have gotten drinking bottles, etc for free.  They ship it right to your front door (vials, gifts and all) for $6.  They also send you their magazine for free.  The free gifts and the magazine aren't just the FIRST time you order either.  I've gotten them every time!  So for $114, I get 48 vials of liquid protein, free gifts and a free magazine.  (I usually have my order within 3 - 4 days of when I place it.)   If you decide to buy from www.firstfitnessusa.com, please use their referral program and tell them that I Wendy Fou referred you.  (They give you $50 for every 3 people that you refer, so you will probably want to participate in that too if you end up liking their protein.) 
kimac61
on 2/2/08 12:51 pm - Cranston, RI

Hello!

Where do you get the Whey bullets? I tried GNC BUT they never heard of them!

Thanks! 

Kim

NO LONGER OVERWEIGHT!

Louise U.
on 2/2/08 3:32 pm - Roseburg, OR
They are great for the protein value but their taste is not the best.  The only upside is that they are only 3 oz so you can drink then quickly. GNC does have then, you can also find them on Ebay. I bought 24 for $50
Most Active