Protein drinks/sources???

Jennifer S.
on 1/31/08 12:50 pm - Scranton, PA
Hi everyone.. I have come to the conclusion that I need more protein in my diet. While surfing around this website I was looking at protein drinks, of course the one I came across I thought I might like and actually looked for, I can't find. Today I bought Slim Fast low carb ready to drink cans. I am going to give this a shot. They have I think 20g of protein. Can anyone recommend a ready to drink protein drink that tastes somewhat good and is low carb and high protein? Another thing I enjoy is the Special K protein water in the Iced Tea flavor. I get about 60 oz out of one pack, although it says to mix it with 16.9 oz of water....ick..too strong... by the way, this is an easy 5g of protein....and I have noticed it gets me through breakfast until lunch/ Does anyone have any suggestions?
I Luv Myself
on 2/1/08 1:34 am - Catonsville, MD

try this. everyone has been telling me to buy some.

New Whey Liquid Protein is the ultimate in convenience from the makers of IDS proteins; packaged in a portable 3 fluid ounce, virtually unbreakable plastic vial. No refrigeration needed, just pour over ice, or chill before drinking. Tastes like liquid Jell-O! Kids ice pop flavors like Orange, Punch, and Grape.

NOTE: These are 42 gram protein vials, so dont be fooled by pricing on lower protein versions out there.

Lab tested for protein accuracy; no aftertaste. Just 3 fluid ounces, 176 calories, 42 grams protein, 2g carbs, Og sugar plus a vitamin & mineral profile. Splenda sweetened.

Perfect for work, school, or travel!

12 protein bullets to a box.
jinjer
on 2/2/08 12:16 am - Eastwood, KY
I love the New Whey bullets. I do put them in a bottle of water and add Crystal Light fruit punch to help with the taste. They can be bitter alone. This helps me get in my water as well as protein. You can also add your calcium citrate pills to the water to dissolve and get that in also. Jinjer
Purple Passion
on 2/1/08 7:49 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
Not sure about the carb count, but I like Lean Body by Labrada. You can get it at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

djr906
on 2/2/08 9:19 pm
Hi Jennifer, I highly recomment Optisource Protein Drink. I tried many preop and gagged from the taste and smell of everyone. When I had my surgery, the hospital gave me this drink and I just loved it. It took me some time to find it but I finally did and it was my salvation. I'm 7 mos. out and still have one every day. It is a bit costly but well worth every penny since all the others I tried ended up in the trash. They come in an 8oz. box like a juice box. I get them at www.walgreens.com  They come in only 2 flavors, caramel and strawberry but both are excellent. You can buy a 6pk if you only want to try it. I buy the 24 pk..they have free shipping and they arrive in 4-5 days. Good luck! Donna
Most Active