Hypoglycemia

Karen S.
on 1/30/08 4:40 am - Hudson Falls, NY

My surgery was 8/29/07 and I have lost 111 pounds so far, however in the last 3 weeks, I have had 4 episodes of shaking, feeling jittery inside, so of course I tested my blood sugar (prior to surgery I was a diabetic taking Metformin).  My blood sugars were 63, 64, 62, and 72...which I know is not that low but apparently is enough to make me symptomatic.  It was easily reversed by eating 2 hershey kisses; but I am wondering why this is happening and if anyone has any advice or comments. Please help.  Thanks Karen Schworm

~ Stylz ~
on 1/30/08 7:53 am - North of Boston, MA
hi Karen, Have you posted about this on the grads board?  There are many post-ops who are dealing with the same thing you are and a lot of post-ops have great advice about it. I started having RHG symptoms and felt like no one knew what was going on with me so I started trial and error by checking blood sugar after eating certain foods, etc. heres a link to the post I made, theres great responses from other people and their symptoms http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/a,messageboard/b oard_id,5491/cat_id,5091/topic_id,3453812/action,replies/ Something I've found that helps is 500mg of chromium picolinate (endocronoligst told me to start taking it) it helps regulate your blood sugar.  I take it daily and no longer have to eat every 3 hours on the dot to avoid "crashing".  good luck!

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Most Active