Post-surgical colon cleanse

Maureen78
on 1/30/08 10:51 am - Boston, MA
Hi all, I am 6 years post-op and holding strong at a healthy weight. I eat sensibly and exercise, but have noticed a bit of lethargy lately.... A non gatric-bypassed friend swears by a colon cleansing product that he says helps him detoxify, thereby increasing his energy (and helping him lose a few pounds in the process). I'm interested in trying a similar product, but first want to be sure that it is safe for those of us who have undergone RNY- I'd hate to have any complications arise when I've been enjoying a "normal" lifestyle for so long. Has anyone tried these products and, if so, what is your feeling on taking them? Thanks, and all my best! Maureen
sarard
on 1/31/08 6:09 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Hi Maureen, We had a discussion on colon cleansers a few weeks back. Here's the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/nutrition/a,messageboard/action,replies/board_id,5389/cat_id,4989/topic_id,3502709/ If that didn't post right & you can't see it, go to page 3 of the posts on this board and it's about 1/2 the way down. The discussion got a little heated at times --- but it was a good discussion with many different opinions.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Maureen78
on 1/31/08 7:56 am - Boston, MA
Hi Sara, Thanks so much; and sorry I didn't check the message boards thoroughly enough before starting a duplicate thread! Thanks for your thoughts- I definitely appreciate having a professional opinion on this. I'm definitely going to try some other options to boost my energy and overall lethargy before I do anything else. Thanks again, Maureen
sarard
on 1/31/08 12:16 pm - Costa Mesa, CA
Good luck! There are so many posts -- I know it tough to go through all of them. :)
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Most Active