Weigh****chers and the gastric bypass patient

buckeyechic
on 1/29/08 12:06 pm
I am 4 years post op and my weight loss has stopped.  I have gained 10 pounds and want to put that to a screeching halt.  Has anyone ever tried Weigh****chers?  Would this be recommended for a gastric bypass patient?
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/08 10:13 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
I've read posts from many people who have used Weigh****chers after having gastric bypass.  They find the support of the WW program helpful, and their program is very suitable for us in terms of our nutritional needs.  You are super smart to put on the brakes before that 10 pounds becomes 20 pounds.  At 4 years out, it's all about making small adjustments to your daily food routine that are manageable and maintainable.   Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
Brandi F.
on 1/31/08 6:23 am - Hamburg, PA
One of my friends who had RNY in 2000 has used the WW program with success. I think you wouldn't be foolish to give it a shot! I was always impressed with WW, it appears to be very balanced and healthy in it's approach. When I used it pre-op, I gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks while sticking to the program perfectly. Grrrrr. But in saying that, I never could lose weight pre-op no matter what I tried. So irritating. RNY has been a blessing!

Lap RNY on 8-21-07
I'm 5'2'', I'm 34 years old, and I have 175 pounds to lose!!

Most Active