Monavie???

JuliaB68
on 1/28/08 11:25 am - Lafayette, IN
I friend of mine gave me a bottle of this stuff.  It sounds pretty good... low sugar, high antioxidant, minerials... but it seems too good to be true.  Has anyone tried this stuff that is NOT a

distributor???

311/205/?       -111lbs    Surgery Date May 25, 2006
I've joined International Sports Club! 

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." 
Margaret Thatcher

sarard
on 1/28/08 2:21 pm - Costa Mesa, CA
Hi there, I'm looking for the nutrition facts on this product but can't find it on their website. How many grams of sugar are in a serving? And how much is a serving size? I've seen this product in health food stores, but have never cared to try it. In any event, it's juice. It's juice from the acai berry. Remember a few years back when the latest thing was pomagrated juice - we had pom this, pom that. In any event, same thing. It's packed with antioxidents and glucosamine (to help joint health). Which is great. My concern is that it's juice & I would worry that drinking a lot of it will provide too much sugar. In general, I think you should treat it like juice - if you are going to drink it, drink only 4 oz, and remember -- if you are sensitive to sugar this could cause dumping syndrome. Other than that, I don't see a problem with it; however, I have not seen anything so special about it that would make me pay the amount they are charging for it ... it's expensive!! Well, I take that back, I'd probably buy it once to try it, but likely not pay top dollar for it (routinely).
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
JuliaB68
on 1/28/08 7:00 pm - Lafayette, IN
One serving is 1 oz which is 3 grams of sugar.  I don't dump, but I didn't know if being a bypass patient this would have any other issues.  The cost is pretty expensive - 25 oz for $40.  The bottle I received was a free trial to get me to be a distrubitor - which isn't going to happen. Thanks for replying!!!!!!! 
311/205/?       -111lbs    Surgery Date May 25, 2006
I've joined International Sports Club! 

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." 
Margaret Thatcher

sarard
on 1/29/08 12:33 am - Costa Mesa, CA
So a usually serving size is 4 oz, putting this at 12g sugar per 4 oz -- so it's lower in sugar than most juices - but it isn't a miracle juice. I'm sure it tastes good ... it better at that price!!
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
brennieann7
on 1/29/08 12:26 pm, edited 1/29/08 12:36 pm - holiday, FL
I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY 4 YEARS AGO AND BESIDES THAT LIFE SAVING SURGERY THIS IS THE NEXT BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME.             THERE ARE 4 GR OF SUGAR AND IT EGUALS 5 TO 7 FRUIT CHOICES A DAY WHICH WAS ONE OF THE BIG REASONS I LIKED IT I CAN DRINK 2 -OZS OF JUICE IN THE MORING AND 2-OZS AT BEDTIME   BUT I COULDN'T EAT 5 TO 7 FRUITS A DAY.  AND IT TRULY HAS CHANGED MY LIFE .I TOOK IT AND SHOWED MY DR'S AND THEY SAID I WAS DOING SOMETHING RIGHT KEEP ON DOING IT. SO I AM A BELIEVER . MY FIBROMALGIA PAIN IS GONE,NO MORE MIGRAINS BLOOD SUGAR IS STABOLIZED,NO PAIN FROM MY DIVERTICULITIS. AND I GET A GREAT NIGHTS SLEEP AND MORE ENERGY.I KNOW THERE ARE SKEPTICS OUT THERE I WAS ONE OF THEM BUT NOW I KNOW THE TRUTH.I WAS TAKING 2 DIABETES PILLS AND UP TO 4 SHOTS A DAY + 23 PILLS. I AM DOWN TO ABOUT 10 PILLS NOW.AND IT'S A LOT CHEAPER THEN WHEN I WAS BUYING ALL THOSE VITIMINS AND MINERALS AND INSULIN. BUT IN NO WAY SHOULD ANYONE BE CHARGING $80.00 FOR A BOTTLE I COULDN'T DO THAT MYSELF.   BRENDA
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/08 9:31 pm
Hi Julia,  I just had a go round with my best friend over this stuff..... Keep in mind, I work at a Vitamin Shoppe and I've got some knowledge in the supplement arena, so.....  The distributor told my friend that the Monvie is a "miracle elixer" that would replace ALL her nutritional supplements. That it was a "all in one" juice and that she did not need any other vitamin. (he also charged her 80 dollars per bottle!) Now keep in mind, my friend Rose has some serious health problems, diverticulitus, hypertension etc....and there is NO WAY she should stop taking her multiple, probiotic or anything else for that matter!  I think that this latest craze about juices distributed by vendors, is just that a craze. A fad that is definately NOT a "mirace elixer". Don't get me wrong, acai juice is a awesome antioxident and definately has it's place in a well-balanced nutritional program, but that is in addition to, not replacing everything you're taking. It really bothers me, that these distributors are making claims like that, especially since they are NOT true! And charging outlandish prices to boot!  By the way, you can get an awesome acai juice, serving size of 30 days per bottle, at any nutritional supplement store for around 20 bucks.....not eighty!  Buyer beware!!!!  Hope this helps!
brennieann7
on 1/29/08 12:16 pm - holiday, FL
I'M SO SORRY YOUR FRIEND GOT TAKEN LIKE THAT MONA VIE IS HALF THAT PRICE PER BOTTLE TO BUY AND EVEN CHEAPER IF YOU BECOME A DISTRIBUTOR. AND I'M TELLING WHAT IT HAS DONE FOR ME IN MY LIFE AND FRIENDS OF MINE. PEOPLE I KNOW PERSONALLY.IT HAS WORKED MIRACLES IN MY LIFE AND I AM A BELIEVER. I AM NO WAY TRYING TO SELL THIS UNLESS SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN IT SO IF YOUR SCEPTICAL AND DON'T WANT TO TRY IT I UNDERSTAND I WAS THE SAME WAY UNTILL I DID STAR TAKING IT AND KNOW IN MY HEART WHAT IT HAS DONE FOR ME.AND YES YOU CAN BUY JUST THE ACAI BERRY JUICE IN HEALTH STORES BUT THE PROCESS IT'S NOT THE SAME AND MONA VIE HAS 19 FRUITS FROM THE RAIN FOREST THAT ARE PICKED FRESH AND FREEZE DRIED IMEDIANTLY TO PRESERVE THE NUTRITIONAL VALUES.I CAN ONLY TESTIFY WHAT IT HAS DONE FOR MY LIFE AND I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT.  BRENDA
Most Active