Calling all dieticians...

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/08 7:49 am - Vacaytown, HI
Now that I have lost all of my weight I am having trouble maintaining.  I am now seeing a dieticial and she says (and the Dr. says) eat more carbs and around 55 grams protein.  She has me on 1000 cals to start bc I have to get used to upping gradually.  What should my potium cals per day for maintenance at 112 lbs... BMI 14 (dietician measured with pincher thingys)  Thanks! Jess
sarard
on 1/27/08 3:30 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Did your dietitian only calculate the protein & calories for you? Did he/she give you ANY advice on how to get those calories?
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/08 3:53 am - Vacaytown, HI

yes she told me some foods that contain things but im having trouble putting it together... ill ask her ths week when i see her.. j

sarard
on 1/28/08 2:59 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Double check with her - I don't want to contradict what she says -- she knows your medical history & can guide you a lot better than I can. Make sure you don't leave her office until you fully understand what to do ... that's what you're paying her for!!
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/08 5:56 am - Vacaytown, HI
Thanks a lot.. Jess
comom2trips
on 2/14/08 1:47 pm
I'm trying to find Lunawillow- any advice or reading materials for an eating disorder after WLS? Thanks- Holly
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/08 9:04 am - Vacaytown, HI
Ill ask around... in my research I could not find specific books about WLS and eating disorders but lately Ive been going to Borders and thumbing through various books and finding those of interest.  I am reading a book called stick figure now.... Ill let you know if I find anything... I am writing a book about my experiences but it will be a while before Im finished... Jess
comom2trips
on 2/15/08 11:49 am
Thanks Jessica- I don't have one now- but just wanted to know what signs to watch for, how common it is... Thanks- Holly
Most Active