Eating and the Lap Band

Michelle I.
on 1/25/08 11:09 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA
I had lap band surgery on 12/10/07. Since then I have lost 17 pounds. I think it should be much more but I truly have not idea what to eat! My doctor just says increase protein, increase protein. The problem is I really don't know how to plan all these "protein" meals. I always think fish and chicken! I don't know where to find help and I am feeling really down on myself because I am terrified I am going to fail! Any advise of where to go for some food and snack ideas??? Please help!
DanielleH_RD
on 1/27/08 4:44 am - CA
Oh why, oh why don't all surgeons have dietitians? For help here on OH, there is a forum just for lap-band. They are a great resource! you may also wish to schedule an appointment with a dietitian to get an individualized plan. Lap band is a restrictive procedure, so your goal is to reduce total calories and still maintain diet adequacy for nutrients.  Most RDs, even without specialized training, should be able to help you with this. Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active