Ka****rail mix bars

nanacindy
on 1/21/08 6:05 am - Las cruces, NM
Are Ka****rail mix chewey bars okay to get protein? Does anyone eat them? Or are they a no no? Thanks    Cindy
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/08 9:59 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
I don't recall the specific nutrition information on these Kashi bars, but generally this type of bar is higher in carbs and lower in protein.  I do seem to recall that some of the Kashi products have more protein than other commercial brands of bars, so these may be a better choice than other brands.  Also, whether eating these is right for you will depend on how much protein and carbs you are getting in otherwise.  If you're getting plenty of protein and not overdoing the carbs, these may be a good choice for you.  But if you're struggling to get in protein, I'd look for a better source with more protein and less carbs.   I use Pure Protein bars occasionally - 190 calories, 17 g. carbs, 20 g. protein, 6 g. fat - if I'm low on protein or running errands and need something to eat.  I also eat 90 calorie Quaker Chewy granola bars sometimes after I've been to the gym, especially if I need to run errands before going home for dinner.  The Quaker bars have very little protein, but I'm using them to provide post-workout fuel, so am not concerned about protein, but about preventing low blood sugar.   Anyway, I hope some of this information is helpful.  As you've probably guessed, I'm not a dietician and this information is based on my personal experience.  Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
nanacindy
on 1/23/08 4:25 am - Las cruces, NM
Thanks Kelli for info.IThis will help me to watch out for carbs. best of luck to you....Cindy
cutie3pie5
on 1/23/08 4:28 am - Lexington, SC
Hi Cindy, I am a very big fan of Ka****rail Mix bars, they have about 7 grams of protein in them.  The level of sugar in them is low enough where I don't dump on them (and being 2+years post op, I still dump very badly on things).  Personally I think Kashi's products are better than some of the other items out there. I only eat a Kashi bar when I am on the go at work and need something very fast in the morning or afternoon.  They aren't a staple for me, but something that works. You can definitely experiment and choose what is right for you.  :) I hope this helps. ~Shannon
Most Active