Taking Vitamins

Lori C.
on 1/21/08 5:21 am - Smyrna, DE
I'm confused about the vitamin intake. I've heard so many different things.  :) Are we supposed to take Calcium 2x per day, not once? Can we take our multi vitamins at the same time?  Does a multi with iron cover the amount of iron we need, so we don't have to buy as seperate pill?   Do we have to take our iron and calcium seperately?      Thanks for any and all help. :) Lori
uga_girl
on 1/21/08 11:54 pm
You take 1000 mg of Calcium a day.  You have to look at the label to see how many pills that is.  In answer to your other questions, look at the label--there is a huge difference between multi-vitamins.  By the way, there are tons of brands on the market.  A place like shopping.com or nutritionaltree.com will give you good information (and user reviews) about products to help you make good choices.  It is indeed possible to get all of your ingredients in one product I believe.
deniseg
on 1/22/08 2:14 am - Monticello, AR
I "think" my nut said no more than 500mg of calcium at one time, so if you have 500mg pills take one at a time...for example, one in the morning and one in the evening.   Do not take your multi with your calcium, the iron in the multi will prevent your calcium from being absorbed.  I don't take an iron supplement, apparently  my mulit vitamin has what I need in it because my iron levels are normal...I take a flintstones chewable twice a day. Hope this helps!

DENISE          
Day of surgery weight/BMI:  246/44.9
Goal weight:  135
Current weight/BMI135/24.6---GOAL!!!!!!!!!
Total pounds lost:  111

Lori C.
on 1/23/08 6:19 am - Smyrna, DE
THANKS  :)
kleekelly
on 1/27/08 12:56 am - Hudson Falls, NY
Do not take your iron and calcium together...dont take iron w/ orange juice either, absorption isnt good.  I was told to take Calcium + D 500 mg twice a day, chelated iron, vit b-12 sublingual, and flinstones.  Good luck!

Kristy 

Most Active