Questions about calorie intake....

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/08 12:33 pm - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
Hi guys,

I have posted before about me getting totally back on track! Good thing, I am still doing it. 

I have been working out 5 days a week at 45 minutes a pop. I am eating about 1000-1200 calories and most of it is protein. I am eating about 75 carbs, 100 grams of protein and 25 fat. This is just a total estimate, but that is about what I am doing. I even added in 2 protein shakes!!

I have lost 7 lbs since Jan 1st, which is pretty good but slower than it has been in the past.

I am wondering, I am eating enough calories? Many people at work are telling me that I need to eat more since I am working out, but I am comfortable with what I am eating.

Anyone out there to help??
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/08 10:08 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Congrats, congrats, congrats on getting back on track and staying there; 'atta girl!!!! Regarding your calorie intake, you may want to bump it up a bit; 1200 seems too low given how much you're exercising.  Try adding 100-200 calories per day and see how that works for you.  Perhaps adding a pre-workout snack about an hour before you exercise (yogurt, fruit - some type of good carb which will give your body energy for your workout).  I had to bump up my calories when I started working out hardest, and one of my co-workers (a non-surgery person) had to do the same thing.  We both started losing more when we bumped up our calories a bit.   Again, congrats on getting yourself back on track, and good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie (who is not a nutritionist, but knows something about this particular issue from personal experience)
Most Active