Question on pureed food stage

Karen T.
on 1/15/08 5:56 am - Cartersville, GA
I am eating ff refried beans with chopped fat free cheese melted in them already, one week out. (I also add a touch of skim milk to thin them out) I thought, based on the information I read from my doctor's office, this would be okay.  Now a friend who had the surgery 4 years ago is questioning it. I was going to actually add pureed kidney beans, flavored with chili seasoning (mild) to my group of foods, now she has me worried about trying it out as well. Also, what about fat free sour cream, will that just do me in?  I am tolerating skim milk no problem. Thank you for any information.
LizzyL
on 1/15/08 6:33 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello, Because she is your friend ...she is just looking out for you. thats all. i am going to be 4 years post op. in June this year. and i would not even touch Skim Milk....even though i have no problem with it. reason being is that .....skim milk has too much sugar in it.... you need to pay more attention to the nutritional label on the milk carton. read the labels ....always ... before eating or drinking anything.... being that you are a new post op. you may be very sensitive to sugar right now. and carbs. how about drinking calorie count down Fat Free milk ? CLICK below to see the site for the nutritional label on the milk. Click here i think drinking or adding this fat free milk is much better for us WLS patients. very little sugar in it....and carbs. i don't get a reaction to drinking this kind of milk. always read the labels and make sure it doesn't have a lot of sugar in it hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

opey9519
on 1/16/08 9:57 am - Blacklick, OH
I am two weeks post-op today...in the liquid phase I was instructed to eat liquids or things that "become liquid" at body temperature. Things like sf jello, sf pudding, broths of course, tea, popsicles, sf fudgesicles etc. Regarding the sugar content in sour cream, I have never checked on it. I took a 12 week preparatory course with the nutritionist at my Clinic and she said less than 2g if it is ADDED sugar. If it is natural sugar, it is ok- BUT some people are still sensitive to it so that part is a learning lesson for each person unfortunately. As for the ADDED sugar part, you read the ingredients and if "sugar" or any of the zillion words for sugar are in the first FIVE ingredients then it is added, not natural sugar and it is going to make you sick. Sugar alcohols are ok, but will likely cause gas and diahrea. Good luck to you. Olivia
jenncogg
on 1/28/08 2:03 pm - Peoria, AZ
Does anyone know where to get the Calorie count down milk in AZ? Seems it is an east coast thing...  

Most Active