Before Surgery

audreynicole
on 1/12/08 3:35 am - Friendswood, TX
I am going to have Surgery in about 5 weeks.  My doc told me to go ahead and  try to lose some weight to prepare my body for surgery and to shrink down my liver.  Here is where I am and what I have done.  After looking at this please let me know if I should be taking any vitamins and if I am on the right track.  How many grams of protein should I be getting a day.  Thanks. Monday weighted 240 .  I am weighting every Saturday at home.  Today I weighted 233. I have replaced two meals with Tech X  Lite Meal Replacement Shake.  (190 cal,1 fat, 2 sugars, 26 protein.)  I eat one low calorie meal a day I try to make it very high in protein.  I have two snacks a day that have ended up being some type of soup or tuna for me.  I really want to get as much weight off as I can to make surgery safer.  Thanks, Audrey
**Live-Laugh-Love**    Before Band/Current/Goal
       Audrey  
             253          180     143

DanielleH_RD
on 1/12/08 3:58 am - CA
Adding a daily multivitamin is probably a good idea. Talk to the dietitian in your doc's office about calorie & protein goals.  You should be receiving some pre-op education at this point, so ask at those appointments. good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Starting Over
on 1/14/08 12:18 am
Hi My surgeon required a one month pre-op diet to lose atleast 5% of my exces weight AND for liver shrinkeage. His requirements were atleast 80 grams of protein a day and no more than 30 carbs a day. On that diet I lost 26 lbs in the month before surgery.
audreynicole
on 1/14/08 12:30 am - Friendswood, TX
Wow  that is great!  I am down 7lbs.  I need to make sure to get enough protein.  Day before yesterday I had 106g yesterday only 47g.
opey9519
on 1/16/08 10:13 am - Blacklick, OH
I had my surgery two weeks ago today. My pre-surgery routine was 6 meals a day. They said try not to think of them as "snacks" but meals. I ate about 80g protein daily but my goal was 65g/day. I ate things like a weigh****chers bagel with laughing cow cheese (about 10g protein), for breakfast my favorite was toast of some sort, or a multigrain banana waffle with simply jif peanut butter and sliced bananas. Skim milk, protein shakes of course...whole grain crackers or celery with peanut butter are good examples. I lost 32lbs pre-op and have lost 21lbs in the two weeks post op. Good luck to you. Olivia
Monica M.
on 1/15/08 5:25 am - Houston, TX
Lap Band on 01/29/07 with
Good job, keep up the good work.
Back on the road again!!
290/
205/240150
HW/LW/CW/Goal

Most Active