Carbs

enchantednurse
on 1/11/08 2:03 am - Dallas, GA
Revision on 01/10/13
I am 3 months post RNY.  I have lost 30 lbs.  I am in a wheelchair most of the day.  I have recently tried to use the rowing machine for excercise but honestly havent done as much as I should.  My main question is, how many carbs should I be allowing myself per day?  I feel like people probably loose better when they limit these foods.  Can you tell me what would be a goal I should be setting for myself now?  Im currently 232 lbs. Thanks in advance!

DanielleH_RD
on 1/11/08 7:59 am - CA

I will never understand why everyone picks on carbs! You are 3 months post - you should still be worrying about  1. getting enough protein 2. Keeping your portions at 2-4 oz per meal 3. No liquids with meals 4. No snacks unless they are planned 5. chew, chew, chewing your food adequately 6. avoiding high sugar foods Once you get your protein in, how much room in your daily calorie goals do you have left for carbs and fat?  If you are not sure, talk with your dietitian. When you go in for pre-op counseling it is often hard to imagine the changes you will have to make in your eating.  At 3 months out, it is usually clearer - and an excellent time to go back and talk with your dietitian about the specifics of your daily diet. Don't guess - let a pro help you! good luck!

Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active