It has been 4 years

nextel
on 1/9/08 10:34 am - NC
It has been 4 years since my surgery and now I am gaining back. I feel like I never had surgery until I push the limit to make myself dump . Since I have been out of the picture..What are the new guidelines ie how much protien, carbs, fat etc that we need to do.  I have to get my self back here or I am goingto lose it. I can only blame myself for allowing myself to go through this again. But now that my Hubby is out and I am not as stress maybe I can redirect myself.... Please any one with advice adn a diet plan to get me started..Did join a gym today!  Please ....... Lost and Mad at myself-Ann I can not keep failing again
DanielleH_RD
on 1/9/08 12:38 pm - CA
Your specific levels of calories, fat, protein really need to be tailored to your individual needs and history.   I will tell you that the best place to start is where you are. Take some time to monitor yourself - keep a record of your intake and plug it in to one of the on-line programs to get an idea of what your calorie level is. Look at this diary to also evaluate if some bad habits may have snuck in - tv munching, drinking calories, lack of fruits & veggies - things like that. If you make small changes that you can live with, you will be working toward a lifetime of good nutrition. You have already made the first step with joining the gym.  Exercise is key to long-term success. Set some goals and work toward them. That will give you some direction and personal satisfaction! Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active