Question to Nutrionalist about CARBS, PROTEIN, FAT & CAL

MrsB
on 1/9/08 12:50 am, edited 1/9/08 3:32 am

I am on day 3 of the 5DPT and on Day 1, I took in the following: CALORIES 920 FAT 9.5 CARBS 87 PROTEIN 119 DAY 2 CALORIES 830 FAT 9.5 CARBS 70 PROTEIN 121 Is this a good range.  How much of each should I be take if if I want to lose. 5 years post op!

DanielleH_RD
on 1/9/08 12:23 pm - CA
I'm not sure if I understand the question. What is the 5DPT - the 5 day pouch test? If so, I don't think any of us promote this diet as a long term diet plan.  If you are using it as a short-term diet "jump start", then that's a different story.  If it's only 5 days, you do the plan then move on to your regular habits - hopefully your regular diet is healthy.  If you want me to analyze the pouch test diet - it's low in calories and high in protein. If you are 5 years out and needing to lose, I would strongly suggest you see a dietitian to help you formulate a plan, tailored to your specific needs and history. We can't do an individualized nutrition assessment on this site, it's just not appropriate.
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

DanielleH_RD
on 1/9/08 12:23 pm - CA
I'm not sure if I understand the question.What is the 5DPT - the 5 day pouch test?If so, I don't think any of us promote this diet as a long term diet plan.  If you are using it as a short-term diet "jump start", then that's a different story.  If it's only 5 days, you do the plan then move on to your regular habits - hopefully your regular diet is healthy.  If you want me to analyze the pouch test diet - it's low in calories and high in protein.If you are 5 years out and needing to lose, I would strongly suggest you see a dietitian to help you formulate a plan, tailored to your specific needs and history.We can't do an individualized nutrition assessment on this site, it's just not appropriate.Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

MrsB
on 1/14/08 3:44 am
Thank you!  I used it for a "jump start" and it worked.  I got excellent results.  I will be seeing my NUT next week.  Thanks again!
Most Active