Need a question answered

Pat F.
on 1/8/08 11:32 pm - Richmond, VA
Good morning, I am from the VA board and was wondering if anyone knew how many calories a day a person needs to be able to lose weight without WLS. I am 5' 2" and weight 238 and am wanting to get down to 135 and I have a BMI of 44 and just want to lose this weight. Any help would be apprecited. I am try to use fitday.com and sparkpeople.com to record what I eat and the excerse that I do. Like yesterday it was everything I could do to get in 1200 calories.

MelaniaB_RD
on 1/9/08 10:28 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Weight loss depends on MANY factors including but not limited to a) dieting history; b) medical conditions; c) medications taken; d) amount of exercise performed and many others.  It would be irresponsible for me to give you a certain number of calories to eat without first taking into account your total medical history.   If you would like personalized, professional help, I would suggest contacting a Registered Dietitian to help you down the road toward a healthier weight. 
Melania Behrens, MA, RD
President, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
Pat F.
on 1/9/08 8:33 pm - Richmond, VA
Thank you and I think I will do that.

Most Active