Question for Nutritionis****er

Nicole T.
on 1/8/08 10:07 pm
I am working on increasing my water intake but having trouble because it has a metallic taste to it. Is it ok to add just a little bit of any type of juice to it or will that cause the benefits of the water to decrease? I'm just trying to find ways to drink water w/out artificial sweeteners that come in crystal light and other products.
sarard
on 1/9/08 12:03 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Juice is fluid and won't decrease the benefits of water. The sugar actually helps increase the benefits of water - that's why gatorade and sports drinks have sugar in them (but that's a whole different story). However, you do want to limit the amount of sugar you intake. Adding a little juice to help the flavor is fine, but drinking a lot of juice can stall your weight loss.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
stitch0102
on 1/9/08 9:46 pm - Jersey Shore, PA
Try one of the Britta filters/pitchers.  I got the 8 cup one and fill it every morning.  I try to fini**** by the end of the day along with any other liquids  Then I know I got enough in.  It does a good job at taking out a lot of the taste and smells.

September 2006...415 lbs.
April 12, 2007...surgery...285 lbs.    Goal...210     Current...181

01mommy
on 1/10/08 7:50 am
I've been drinking distilled water for years for that same reason.  It's pretty cheap at WalMart, but you can also get it delivered from deer park and the like.
Most Active