What other Protein powers can I eat???

lovethenewme
on 1/8/08 10:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I'm 18 mos out, and I still can't tolerate Whey products. So I've been drinking Soy protein shakes, with soy milk. I have no problems with that; however, I was told by my sister, I should not consume too much soy becasue it can cause problems later on down the line. Don't understand that, what other protein shakes can I have??
 lovethenewme

MelaniaB_RD
on 1/9/08 10:42 am - Costa Mesa, CA
I would advise you to continue using the soy products since you have been tolerating them without problems.  I'm not sure what your sister is referring to regarding this, but there is no problem using soy products long term unless you have a history of breast cancer AND have been treated for this condition with chemotherapy drugs.  This also does NOT mean that consuming soy products causes cancer; it has more to do with interactions too numerous to mention here.  Enjoy your soy!
Melania Behrens, MA, RD
President, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
lovethenewme
on 1/10/08 11:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you very much. I will keep using soy, I've even found soy chips.....I can only eat about 4 or 5 before that taste funny....however, they satisfy I carbs hunger. LOL
 lovethenewme

Most Active