Hate eating!

sweetnlow1_
on 1/8/08 9:02 am

I have absolutely no appetite at all.  I had gastric bypass on October 1, 2007 and some of you have helped me with the nausea issue.  I have purchased ginger tea and will be trying it soon. My other problem is that before surgery I only wanted to eat meats and no vegetables. Now I can't eat meat or drink protein drinks without gagging.   I hate the taste of both. I love veggies.   Even certain smells bother me. Can anyone help me with some suggestions on what else I can eat. Please don't say protein bars or protein powders.  I have tried them all including Profect.  

LAM(Linda)
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/08 9:30 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
Have you talked to your surgeon's office about the ongoing nausea?  There are some prescription medications that can help with that, so you may want to look into that option.   Regarding other food options, can you do low-fat dairy products?  Early out, I ate a lot of cottage cheese, light yogurt, and low-fat cheeses; they sat well in my pouch and were good sources of protein.  Also, can you eat eggs?  They are a great source of protein and are usually easily digestible.   Good luck finding some proteins that work for you -  Kellie
sweetnlow1_
on 1/9/08 7:58 am
Thank you for the information.   I ate so many eggs when I was on soft foods that I got tired of them.  I am Lactose Intolerant so I can't eat the yogurt.  I do eat cottage cheese but with fruit and I love cheese.  I didn't think that was enough though. I am hoping that as time goes by I will be able to tolerate more.  Everyone tells me it does get better.  My only concern is losing my hair from too little protein.  I am losing so that isn't a problem at all.  
LAM(Linda)
Heather S.
on 1/10/08 11:41 am - Southern, NJ
I would buy the "protein bullets" with 42 grams of protein in them and force them down. You can swallow them in 2 big swallows...you've GOT to get the protein in. Good luck... Heather

Highest
~Hospital Discharge~Current~
Goal 
   293  ~  (11/9/07) 286  ~  193 ~ 140
                   Height: 5'-6"  Age: 35

Most Active