On Medifast for 6 weeks

Michelle P.
on 1/6/08 8:15 am - Glens Falls, NY
I am on Medifast for 6 weeks and have been told that I can have broth, 1-2 cups a day, would the flavor packet from Ramon Noodles count - not the noodles of course but just the packet or would that be a huge no no and if so, why? Thanks
Amy_in_MA
on 1/6/08 8:06 pm - Danvers, MA
I did Medifast for about 4.5 months a couple of years ago. Personally, I think the packets of the flavoring for ramen noodles are probably way too salty/high in sodium. Stick with some other good quality broth.

Michelle P.
on 1/6/08 8:09 pm - Glens Falls, NY
That is kida what I thought, they have the low sodium packets and thought I would carry one in my purse in case of emergency if you know what I mean! Thanks for responding
Karen S.
on 1/6/08 10:47 pm - Hudson Falls, NY
Hi Michelle, I don't know about the flavor packets for Ramon noodles but I wanted to say Hi and good luck with the Medifast.  The first 2 weeks was tough for me but then I sorta liked it...Remember you can use the extract to add flavor.  Personally I liked the banana extract in the vanilla in the chocolate I didn't need flavoring.  I used curshed ice in both and that helped. Hope all goes well for you...if you need anything you know my number.  Karen Schworm

Michelle P.
on 1/6/08 11:27 pm - Glens Falls, NY
Hi Karen, I just thought in a pinch I would have one in my purse if I needed a pick me up or something.   I did buy the chichek/beef broth (low salt). I did put cinamon in the vanilla and actually liked it.   Almost everyone I talk with does now like the vanilla.    So far so good ---- my Oxygen level was 76.8 should be 80 - hope that does not mess me up!  Your thoughts? So far so good - thanks again for your help on the phone and support! Michelle...
Karen S.
on 1/8/08 12:43 pm - Hudson Falls, NY
Hi Michelle, I never tried cinnamon in the Medifast but I bet it is good, I found I really liked the banana extract and stayed with that until the end.  I am a creature of habit I guess.   As far as your oxygen level being low, are you talking about the sleep apnea testing??  If so, I doubt that will affect your surgery, but you will probably need a C-pap machine.  I also had sleep apnea and brought my C-pap to the hospital with me.  I don't need it anymore since I have lost weight. Call if you need anything.  Karen Schworm

Michelle P.
on 1/8/08 5:39 pm - Glens Falls, NY

Thanks for replying, and have been so busy I have not even had time to call!  When did life get so crazy?   Anyhow the oxygen level was from the blood gasses during my big testing day.   I spoke with the office yesterday and they told me that no new is good news if I had not received a call then all the testing was good and probably would not need anything further - if so that is a HUGE relief.   Someone else told me they will give me extra oxygen after surgery.   As far as I know I do not have sleep apnea.   Otherwise the Medifast is not so bad (like you said!) but I look forward to the lean and green!   I plan to get some banana and maybe another kind of extract this weekend, just to change things a bit.   I did buy the Magic Bullett blendar and really like it.   Thanks for staying in touch and we will talk soon.  Congrats to you and your success!!!!

Karen S.
on 1/9/08 2:04 am - Hudson Falls, NY
Hi Michelle, Life gets busy so fast...I am glad to hear that everything is going good for you, before you know it your surgery will be over with. I did not buy the Magic Bulet until after my surgery when I started the protein shakes, but I agree it is great. I had my follow up appointment yesterday with Dr. Ingraham (because of course Dr. Lirio has retired) and everything looks good, I had blood work done and I am awaiting the results.  I did find out though that I need to have further workup on my spleen, apparently I have hemangiomas in and around my spleen, I am really glad that I asked her to look up in my operative report what Dr. Lirio meant by "No contact sports or activities".  Now she tells me I should go to a hematologist for follow up.  Really upset by this late news but nevertheless I will follow up. Talk with you later.  Keep up the good work. Karen Schworm

Michelle P.
on 1/9/08 2:19 am - Glens Falls, NY
Karen, I am sorry about what you found out at the doctor - how often do you go after the surgery?   Thank you for the tip on the extracts at Walmart as much as I dislike it there, I will go for that! The problem you are having is this somehting you have had for awhile and never knew or after the surgery? Yes I agree,  5 weeks from today is my date!!! Talk soon Michelle PS and thank you for taking the time to help Kristy and I.   I am so glad I met her at the doctor just like I did you that day. :) 
Nicole T.
on 1/7/08 2:27 am
Just out of curiousity, why are you having to do medifast? and what is it exactly.
Most Active