Needing a little help from those that can relate!!!!

mantionette
on 1/28/08 9:32 am - Houston, TX
Hi Ro!!!!!!  You are too funny!!! That posting was interesting.  I also know someone else like that but she isn't a weight loss patient, but she is suffering with some low iron issues due to female problems, something I am also in the middle of getting treatment for. She will go to the Shell gas station in front of her hair salon and get a big gulp filled with ice at least twice a day. Her Dr. told her to cut ot out and she is trying, I think now that I have said that I will check on her. Anywho back to the posting I read and understand it. I will tell the Dr. about the PICA and see what he says. I have started eating tons of salad at least once a day along with tuna or chicken and I am trying to keep up with my protein. I had slacked off on my vitamins but I am now back up to my 1 b-12, 2 calcium tablets and two over the counter prenantal vitamins everyday and every other day I take a flaxseed and potassium supplement once a day. So hopefully this will get me back on track. I also want to say that I am sooooo sorry that I don't get to you in a timely manner.  It's just that the email associated with my obesity help account gets so full with junk so fast that only I check it once a week. I have another one at google if you would like that one. I only ask that because you have been so helpful and very concerned about my situation as well as others and I like that. When I had my surgery and shortly there after about a year, I started to slip a little bit induldging in the "100 calorie" snacks that had started to come out and I wanted some feedback about what others thought about the product. And OH MY GOD is all I can say. About 85% were nice and went back and forth with me, but the other 15% were down right rude and judgemental. I felt like they were coming down on me at evry angle and it kind of hurt my feelings to where I got lost for a while. And yes I realize that I needed that kick in the pants but not as hard as they did it.  And even though I came back with a big no, no of a situation, I was prepared this time for the harshness but surprisingly there was none. Just concern. I love it. Anyway enough about me. I am glad that your labs and all were good and that all of your needs are being met. I can't wait until I get to the Dr. on Thursday. I have alot to address such as a 10lb weight gain and plastic surgery among other things you already know. But I am curious as to where you are on your journey. I tried to find your profile and I can't. It's no big deal who you are or where you come from because to me all that matters is that you gave me some options and cared. But I was just curious to find out how was your journey. Again I can't say how much you have help me and with that I say thanks. I will let you know what the Dr. says thursday. Until then I'm going to keep on  and I to you lots of  (I hope I don't offend, they are friendly and a show of thanks for your concern, LOL) Thanks for everything. Marie.
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/08 9:36 am
Hi Marie !!!!!!  U R  2   2!!! Vitamin A is not a problem for all RnYs... I am just too low.  I'll get re-checked in April.  Right now I am eating a ton of greens, fruits, cheeses, etc and 2 Vit A capsules.   Thanks for the ! It's strange that all of the ice eaters seem to buy their ice; not make it at home.  I wonder why? You're on the right track adding fish and chicken; also pork, beef, shrimp, and dark meat turkey.  Add some nuts, dark leafy greens, and potatoes with skins too.  BTW, Vit C foods boost these food.  Probably a good idea to mention the PICA to your Dr at the Thursday appointment.  Also ask about the flaxseed... I am pretty sure that one of the RD's on the Nutrition Board said something like it can coat the intestine (I guess in large quantities?) and not let all of the vits / mins get totally absorbed.  I could be wrong... just think that I heard about this here.  Someone else said that too much aerobic exercise can lower iron levels, but I'd ask your Dr. if that is true... and let me know!  LOL  I love free Dr. info...       Sorry that you got  flamed earllier.  I drop out of here when it gets nasty too!  Right there with you on not being thrilled with other's anger issues.  I never filled-out a profile or added any pics so there really isn't any info on "me" I have no listed friends, but I do post occasionally. I am 1 year post-op and have lost about 130 lbs.   HeHeHe  Just so much happier now! I will be looking for your update!!!!      Ro
Most Active