protein????

Danielle L.
on 1/6/08 1:53 am - Destin, FL

My hair is already falling out bad after five days post op. I can seem to drink the protein supplements because it makes me sick to my stomach!! any ideas of  other ways to get it

CarebearOK
on 1/6/08 4:58 am - Broken Arrow, OK

The best tasting protein I've found is Gladitor from Smoothie King.  It has 45 grams of protein per drink.  I'm 5 months out so I add fruit to mine.  It's a smooth powder. Good luck.   You might also try Matrix brand in Orange Cream.  That's what I started out on.

Danielle L.
on 1/6/08 1:47 pm - Destin, FL
well i will definitely have to try it!! thanks !!
Sandyhnc
on 1/6/08 8:01 am - NC
I am 9 days post op and no problems with hair, but YES with protein! I have to fight to get it in any form I have found. I feel fine until I start this and then I feel nauseated!  I used to be a water drinker. No soda, very little tea, and now I don't even like that! I feel for you. Let me know if you find anything that works better. Hang in there. I am sure it will be worth it! I have lost 13 lbs. since surgery.
Danielle L.
on 1/6/08 1:47 pm - Destin, FL
yes i have lost 12 pounds!! i just dont want  to lose my hair :/
nrupe
on 1/6/08 8:17 am - Bloomfield, IN

Danielle:  I cannot tolerate the protein drinks either.  I am four weeks out and haven't found a one that doesn't make me nauseous.  I am not losing weight because I can't get the protein and liquids in.  Plus thinking about food makes me sick too.  Let me know if you find something good.

Finneygurl
on 1/6/08 11:32 am - Rialto, CA

i haven't been able to tolerate the portein shakes either. Not only do they nauseate me but they also make me feel so full all day long so I can't even drink my water or eat anything. I'm searching for some other type of protein. But for now, I just eat my protein. I know I'm not getting in what I need by far, but I'm trying to do what I can. I might try those liquid protein bullets.    I'm  3 weeks out and down 22 lbs since surgery on 12/17/07.

Erin

302/
274/196.6/150
High/Pre Op/
Current/Goal
Danielle L.
on 1/6/08 1:46 pm - Destin, FL
what are the liquid protein bullets??
DanielleH_RD
on 1/9/08 12:51 pm - CA
If you are only 5 days post, your hair is probably falling out from the stress of surgery or the anasthesia.  Most anasthesia will hang around in the fat tissue for a while - so it takes some time to recover from that aspect of the surgery, not to mention that you just had your guts re-routed Your protein intake is important, but you are also recovering from a major procedure.  Be patient with yourself & recognize that what seems intolerable now may be easier when you are farther in to your recovery. Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active