can i use a protein shake as a meal suppliment????

JACKIESMOM
on 1/6/08 1:27 am - FL
hi guys again, can you tell me if its ok to use a protein shake sometimes for lunch or breakfast as long as i get in all my protein for the day?i am almost 4 weeks post-op and most mornings,i cant stand the thought of "food" right away so i have a 1/2 cup of decaf coffee and thgen a little while later i will have a protein shake as my "breakfast". is this ok???

wendy_fou
on 1/6/08 1:49 am - AR

According to my NUT/surgeon - yes.  I have one every morning for breakfast!  (not really a protein shake, 1 new whey 42 bullet mixed with crystal light - but really same principle) If it's okay with your NUT/surgeon, it's okay in general! 

JACKIESMOM
on 1/6/08 10:28 pm - FL
thank you. i;m glad i am doing the right thing. the best of luck on your continued sucess. happy new year!!

~ Stylz ~
on 1/6/08 5:58 am - North of Boston, MA
of course a shake is ok instead of a meal especially as early out as you are :) i'm almost 2 years out and still substitute a shake occasionally for a meal and drive to work every morning with a protein shake.  not only do i feel it gives me a boost of energy in the morning, but i feel full longer.  I honestly think protein shakes kept my pouch as small as it is.  When people were told to start regular foods, I did, but continued on shakes and still do.  Even at almost 2 years out i can only eat 3oz of protein or 2oz protein and a side like veggies or startch!  nice and small, the way I want it to stay :)

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

JACKIESMOM
on 1/6/08 10:27 pm - FL
thank you. i;m glad i am doing the right thing. happy new year!!

Most Active