worried about my fat intake

deelight152
on 1/4/08 2:00 am - Down South, IL
hi you guys I need major help so here goes I am writing down everything I eat and counting calories and on paper I think I am way out of wack! here is what I did today Breakfast 1 scoop of protien with 10 oz of water and 2 tblsp of irish cream and 15 oz of coffee. (protien is 90 calories and the irish cream was 70 calories) Lunch Single serve broccoli and cheese ( 60 cal 3g of fat) 5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast broiled with a little seasoning no oils (277 cal and 11g fat 42g of protien fitday.com) snack I had BBQ Soy chips (calories 110 fat 2.5 and 11 g protien) dinner salad 1 cup of romain tablespoon of green onion 5oz chicken (277 cal 11 of fat and 42 g protien) 2 tblsp ranch lite (80 calories and 8g fat) 2tblsp Italian (90 calories 7g of fat) This came to 1074 calories which seem ok to me? 120 g of protien 42.5 g of fat??? Is this more than anyone should have surgery or not? seem like a lot by number but when I look at what I ate it seems like a well rounded day of eating? I also drank 3 16oz bottles of water so far and will drink one more before bed.
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/08 3:17 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Your fat intake was 35% of your calories for this day.  That's the higher end of what many folks will do, but not really out of line.  I am for 50% of my daily calories from carbs, 25% from protein and 25% from fat, but actual percentages vary from day-to-day.  (I'm an avid exerciser, so need more carbs than many folks.) Not sure if the fat grams for boneless skinless chicken breast from fitday are accurate; my tracking program from calorieking.com shows this as more like 5-6 grams of fat instead of 11.  If the fat grams are closer to 5-6 grams per 5 oz. serving, your fat for this day was closer to 32.5 grams and 27% of your daily calories.  If you're looking for a way to trim fat from this day's menus, I'd switch the salad dressings from something w/ lower calories and lower fat.   Helpful??? Kellie
deelight152
on 1/4/08 5:08 am - Down South, IL
kellie  Thank you yes you were very helpful! I thought the fitday was really high for the chicken as well. I really don't like there site. I am going to buy lower fat brand dressing next time I go to the store the ranch was lite but I will look into fat free. thanks though for you answer!! dee
Jupiter6
on 1/4/08 4:04 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
You can buy Irish Cream flavored DaVinci syrup (and other sugar free syrups) and get the taste you want for zero calories. They are available at Wegmans, The Christmas Tree Shop, WalMart, sometimes Marshalls and Ross, and online.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

deelight152
on 1/4/08 5:10 am - Down South, IL
Thanks  shari  I will def look into the fat free and  or sugar free creamer for my protien drink! dee
01mommy
on 1/4/08 11:25 am
There's an accountability thread on the grad board that you might be interested in...food is tracked on your tracker of choice and then posted for support at the end of each day.  I agree with your thoughts on fitday, I just look at it as "padding" since I know my totals aren't as high as they would have it!
deelight152
on 1/5/08 12:03 am - Down South, IL
Thanks I will look into that dee
Most Active