Need a little help

spagirl1014
on 1/3/08 9:17 am
Had grastric bypass in 2004, have done very well thus far. Went from 285 to now 155. but have started to add a pound here and there.. Need to stop this....Just need a refresher on what I need to be putting into my mouth.. I seem to be hungry all the time...And I know it's to many carbs...Can't remember the amount of protein and fruits and veggies to eat.. And should I go back to drinking protein drinks.. Thanks
MelaniaB_RD
on 1/3/08 11:23 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Congratulations on your weight loss!  If you are hungry all the time, I would try eating 4-6 small meals (really snacks) every day.  Include a small amount of protein (string cheese, yogurt, lean poultry, etc) AND a whole grain carbohydrate at every meal and snack.  You might also add a small piece of fresh fruit or vegetables with a lowfat dip as a snack in the afternoon to chase away the munchies.   I would try NOT to drink protein shakes and instead use real food.  The usual recommendation for protein is at least 60 grams per day and 5 servings of fruits & veggies. Hope that helps and Happy New Year!
Melania Behrens, MA, RD
President, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
Most Active