4 and a half monthes post op and stress eating!!!!!

NiecyAZ
on 1/3/08 7:29 am - Kingman, AZ

Hi guys! I am 4.5 monthes post op from gastric bypass surgery.  I was 326 at time of surgery and am now 257.  I have been under a great deal of stress concering my fathers health and family matters and have been eating more than the 1/4 cup of food I am aloud at a sitting.  That same old stress eating binge thing is tapping me on the shoulder and I am scared to death.  I had a full cup of hot cereal this morning and having a really hard time controlling my appetiite.  I have to snap myself out of this NOW!   I hope I have not hurt my staples or anything like that.  I dont feel sick or have any pain but am terrified that I cant control this!   I have not come this far to fall off the wagon now!   Has anyone else went through this???   Just need to know that I am not alone out there.   Worried in Arizona!!!!!!!!!! Also:  Am I losing to slowly??????

Robin W.
on 1/3/08 11:24 pm - Franklin, OH
First off You are not alone. I'm a BIG time stress eater.   Here are some of the things I have found that may or may not help you.  Keep JUNK food out of the house.  Keep only healthy snacks on hand. That way of you do stress eat it will be something good for you.  Carrots, pickles, celery, etc.  I know they have carbs but the calorie count is low compaired to junk food if you are going to stress eat.  Keep a water bottle or something to drink on hand at all times. I have my hot green tea here at the computer as I type.  Keep flavored drinks on hand Crystal Light, SF hot coco, etc. I just read where a lot of people are warming the apple flavor and adding cin. and other spices to make it taste like apple cider.  As for the losing slow. STRESS will also make you lose slowly. Just keep following what your doc says and then you will lose. Also it's NORMAL to have STALLS your body has to catch up will your new way of eating.  Good Luck,  Robin

4'10" - 47 I'm short but not petite and I will weigh more than a 5th grader
Start weight 220 
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  Dr. Seuss

NiecyAZ
on 1/3/08 11:41 pm - Kingman, AZ
Thanks for responding!  :)   My biggest worry right now is that I may have stretched out my pouch.  I ate an entire cup of hot cereal the other morning.   I dont have a stomach ache or anything but it worries me none the less. Im also having a really hard time waiting 1/2 hour between drinking and eating!   Stress is a huge factor in my current situation and I am fighting hard to lower it!  Thats pretty impossable...  :)  I feel so bad about having trouble controling this!   i was doing so well.  Thank you for your help.  Im hoping Im not the only one out there with control issues.  :) 
Mommy O.
on 1/4/08 1:23 pm

Hey,

You're not alone! .. i lost track of what i was eating for a while at about month 3 when i hit a stall. It was just so depressing to step on that scale and see it at the same weight for SO long that i just got stressed and ate more then i should have which of course didn't help the stall at all.

Well i finnally got my sense back and i;m now back to tracking on www.thedailyplate.com so i know i ate the right amount and i don't feak myself out with self doubt and worry, which triggers my eatting. I don't intend to track what i eat for the rest of my life, its just unrealistic for me .. but its a good thing to do when you are feeling out of control.

BTW, i think you're doing great! We have a similar surgery date and we have lost a similar amout of weight.

NiecyAZ
on 1/5/08 3:09 am - Kingman, AZ
Thanks for the input.  I just realized from your comment "i lost track of what i was eating for a while at about month 3 when i hit a stall." that this is exactly what has happened to me!  I will try the website you mentioned and start keeping strict track of my food intake!    So great to hear from you!  Your comments were VERY helpfull! Denise
CarebearOK
on 1/6/08 5:03 am - Broken Arrow, OK
I am 5 months out and I feel like the head hunger is back.  It was so nice not having that anymore and now .... It's back.  I have to really take my mind off food.  Out weather is nice today so I'm going to walk the dogs.  That will take my mind off of it.  

Most Active