Soy Protein

Nicole T.
on 1/3/08 3:28 am
I find that whenever I eat soy I get an upset stomach and have diahrea quite badly. Is soy intolerance a common problem and what causes it?
NiecyAZ
on 1/3/08 8:18 am - Kingman, AZ
I dont know about soy but I tried the whey protien and it went right through me as well.  
DanielleH_RD
on 1/4/08 10:43 am - CA
Soy is a common allergen - that could be the problem.  Diarrhea and other GI upsets have many possible causes.  It could have been a recent round of antibiotics changing your intestinal bacteria a little that makes some foods less tolerable, or a medication, or a combination of foods. Depending on how far out your surgery was, you may just be malabsorbing. Try a different protein source - like whey. Try using your protein in a different way - maybe mixed into applesauce where you will eat it slowly. Too hot or too cold can give some people problems. Try to look at the bigger picture - see if there is another possibility for your tummy trouble as well. Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active