Banannas

N G.
on 1/1/08 5:51 am
RNY on 12/06/07 with
Can we have banannas on the pureed phase?  
JACKIESMOM
on 1/1/08 12:37 pm - FL
i am not allowed fruit. i believe it is too high in suger. i know every doc is different but bannannas are pretty high in suger and  all my preed had to be protein. good luck!

Deedums
on 1/1/08 1:27 pm - Brentwood, NY
I am still pre op but I just had a second visit with my NUT. She gave me my post op diet plan and mashed bananas are on my pureed list for 3 weeks out. But you should call you NUT and check with them. Good luck!

blueyes711
on 1/2/08 2:18 pm - Chesterfield, MO
a little mashed banana in the cream of wheat is wonderful (with splenda).  It sure got me by when I was on a soft diet. Phyllis
DanielleH_RD
on 1/2/08 10:46 am - CA
Many docs allow it - but do you have room after you eat your protein? Most people in the puree phase have a hard time getting their daily protein and fluid.  But, you may be the exception! Make sure you are keeping your portions approx. 2 oz Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

blueyes711
on 1/2/08 2:24 pm - Chesterfield, MO
On my 6 week post op visit, the Dr suggested I start eating fruit.  Tangerines, strawberries, ripe pears and things that fill you up for snack.  I have also been eating grapefruit sections and love them with some splenda on it.  I can not eat an apple though.  I guess I just do not eat and chew well enough still. I only eat 1/2 of a  bananna at once, but I sure do enjoy having this fruit back. Phyllis
Most Active