Help!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/07 7:33 am - Independence, LA
i am a very slow loser, and a sore loser as well. i would like some help on getting what i need to get the job done. i get all of the protein in and some water..i don't care for water or crystal light  at all. i am not hungry at all. the protein shakes keep me full. but my weight loss is very slow. i know that it has to do with my bmi. i am 2 months out, loss of 23 lbs, i know not much compared to a lot of ppl on here. i am not into walking everyday. how do i get this thing moving along at some sort of rate.  is it possible to drink the protein drinks and get enough water in and still lose effectively? hugs,
Jean M.
on 12/31/07 1:04 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Sounds to me like you're doing fine at 23 lbs in only 2 months. As for the fluids, you could try sugar free Kool Aid (I haven't tried it, but my nutritionist mentioned it). I hate to tell you this, but daily exercise is crucial.  I walk 30 minutes a day and go to Curves 3 times a week and it's really helping.  My friend who had RNY and huge success walks 3 miles a day.  Everybody I've encountered on the OH message boards who's suceeded is exercising regularly. What are you eating besides protein and some water?  Are you staying away from starches?  Are you eating veggies?  I don't think it's possible to get all your nutrients just from protein shakes. You could try calorie counting.  I do it using software I got at dietorganizer.com and it keeps me honest about what I'm consuming, which is 900-1000 calories a day.  I'm losing 1-2 lbs/week, which is right on target for a lap-band patient. Does your surgeon have a nutritionist you could consult?  If not, ask your PCP for a referral to a nutrionist at a nearby hospital.  Insurance may not pay for it (mine doesn't) but it's worth it to get the help you need. Good luck! Jean
(deactivated member)
on 12/31/07 5:08 pm, edited 12/31/07 5:10 pm - Independence, LA
thanks for your support, i did get some sf koolaid, not too bad. i am trying the grape first. now, if i can keep it from the grandbabies will be great too...lol. i was self pay, no insurance, and trying to do this on my own..........as always and the help of everyone here. also i am not working so i have to be careful and get the bills paid first, hugs, cougar to be
Most Active