I need a good protein bar. Any suggestions?

divandet
on 12/27/07 7:59 am
Hi All, I have tried a variety of chocolate protein bars and they all have between 5 and 23gms per bar. Unfortunately, I noticed the more protein, the more carbs, the more sugars, the more everything! I understand that it is a give and take situation. But if you have found a protein bar, especially chocolate, that is high in protein and low in everything else, please let me know. Thanks
Lisa.O
on 12/27/07 11:31 am - Cordova, TN
HI! I like the Atkins breakfast bars, and the South Beach diet bars. Both are higher in protein and taste pretty good. Let me know if you like them! Lisa O

Lisa O

I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them, but they were only satellites

Its wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you cared--Kirsty McColl

Bethprgirl
on 12/27/07 11:49 am
I have tried them all and hands down the best is Carbrite (Doctor's Carbrite Diet) comes in great flavors like smores, cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter they are high in protien around 20 grams, under 200 calories (most are 180 or 190) and have good carbs. I showed them to my surgeon and she was really impressed - nutritionally and calorie wise you cant beat them. I buy them by the box at GNC. They are also very tasty.
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/07 4:09 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
I like the Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter bars.  Here's the dish: 190 calories 17 g. carbs 6 g. fat 1 g. fiber 20 g. protein I buy them by the case at BJ's Wholesale Club.  They come in other flavors -- chocolate chip, s'mores, strawberry crumb, blueberry crumb -- but BJ's only carries the chocolate peanut butter.  I've found the other flavors at some of the local drug stores and vitamin shops.   Good luck finding something you like! Kellie
ShowStopper ..
on 1/1/08 2:05 am
This is my favorite also,  I keep them with me at all times.  I get mine at Wal-Mart. 

When you devote yourself to achieving your goal, you will not be bothered by shallow criticism.

divandet
on 12/28/07 10:23 am
Thanks for the info. I have tried the Atkins and they are ok. I have to try the Carbrite's from GNC. I like that the calories are lower than the rest Thansk again All
Laurie M.
on 1/10/08 10:04 am - CA
I just bought two cases of "Oh Yeah Protein Wafer" bars.  YUM!!  Below is the scoop (hope it works) They have different flavors, I bought Chocolate Mint and Chocolate Peanut Butter.  You can find them from 10 bucks up to probably 15 bucks a box.  I got mine at http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/iss/wafer.html  Just got them today, and I am hooked already. 
9 Packages Chocolate Mint
Supplement Facts
Serving Size1Package(2Sticks)
Servings Per Container9 Packages
Amount Per Serving % DV
Calories 210
Calories From Fat 117
Total Fat 13g 20%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 2mg 1%
Sodium 130mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Sugars 2g
Protein 14g 28%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 8%
Iron 10%
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Ingredients
Protein Blend(Oh Yeah!®Blend Consisiting Of Whey Protein Isolate, Soy Protein Isolate, Egg White, Calcium Caseinate), Palm Oil, Chocolate Coating[Sugar, Chocolate Liquor-Processed With Alkali, Cocoa Butter, Sodium Caseinate(Milk), Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, Vanillin(Artificial Flavor)], Canola/Red Palm Oil Blend, Whole Wheat Flour, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Oil Of Peppermint, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sucralose
This Product Contains Milk, Soy, Wheat And Eggs.
Most Active