How many calories should I be eating a day???

amylovesherboys
on 12/27/07 12:56 am - Huber Heights, OH
I am almost 3 months out.  I dont know how many calories I should be eating.  But, I think I am eating around 900 or so.  Is that too much?  My doctor didnt tell me how many to do. THanks.
wendy_fou
on 12/27/07 8:04 am - AR
At my 3 month post-op check-up, my surgeon & NUT increased my recommended daily caloric intake to 700.   If I were you, I'd email your NUT/surgeon to ask them. 
JennaKay
on 12/27/07 4:57 pm - DeWitt, MI
I have been wondering the same thing.  I am 4 months out and I typically eat around 900 calories too.  I did ask my nut, but she wouldn't give me a number because she said I should be focusing on getting in all of my protein, fiber, and water not how many calories I have a day.  Unfotunately my weight loss has slowed down dramatically and it wasn't very quick to begin with (50 lbs. in 4 months) so I am wondering if I should be adding or reducing my caloric intake.
Jean M.
on 12/31/07 1:28 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I am just over 3 mos out and am consuming 900-1000 calories/day of protein, veggies, protein shakes, and minimal starches like unsweetened fruit, whole-grain bread, brown rice, couscous and potatoes (can't eat pasta because it gets stuck in my stoma).  I walk 30 minutes a day and go to Curves 3 times a week and am losing 1-2 lbs/week, which is right on target for a lap band patient. If I were you, I'd try to get more specific guidelines from my surgeon or nutritionist.  If they want to have a successful patient, it's up to them to provide the information you need, whether it's expressed in terms of calories or in grams of protein, carbs, etc. per day. Jean
ShowStopper ..
on 1/1/08 2:11 am
I am searching for this information also.............................I use fitday.com to track my food intake.  I am usually between 600-850 per day.  I have just recently, tried to lower my carbs to 30 per day.  I was aiming for under 100.  I have gotten so confused, reading different post.  I have an appt with my Nut,  I don't think  I will leave until she gives me some numbers. I don't want the protein first speech, I am doing that. LOL

When you devote yourself to achieving your goal, you will not be bothered by shallow criticism.

Most Active