I'm Hungry!!!

sarard
on 12/29/07 4:11 am - Costa Mesa, CA
You should follow the advice of your surgeon and dietitian. I am only here to provide GENERAL information and to correct any misinformation. You want to watch your sugar intake for dumping syndrome. In addition, it's recommend to get 25 g of fiber per day. So, 12.7 g of fiber is A LOT!! And 12.2 g of protein is also A LOT!! You should follow the advice of your surgeon/dietitian. Looks like you found a very healthy bread. That's great.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
sarard
on 12/29/07 4:12 am - Costa Mesa, CA
In addition, the beans listed by the poster and not the same as the beans you've posted nutrition facts for.
Registered Dietitian
sarard
on 12/29/07 4:18 am, edited 12/29/07 7:58 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Also, if you are sticking to 20-30 g of Carbs per day (like you told rc2600), then you would get one piece of this bread and about 1 fruit per day. The rest of your food each day would have to come from protein and fat. This would not give you nearly enough fiber. Don't forget, you had WLS surgery to become HEALTHIER, not just to be skinny. I think you should double check your carb level with your surgeon and dietitian. And if they still want you to eat this low of carbs, then ask them how you should get adequate fiber ....
Registered Dietitian
wendy_fou
on 12/29/07 11:25 am - AR
I had to edit my 1st post - that was supposed to be 20 - 30 NET carbs (which does not include the "fiber" or sugar alcohol portion of the carbs). 
sarard
on 12/29/07 12:16 pm - Costa Mesa, CA
Got it! :)
Registered Dietitian
wendy_fou
on 12/30/07 10:29 am - AR

You know some of us were talking the other day too about how if we got in most of our protein in the morning first thing, we were less hungry ALL DAY LONG than if we got our protein in evenly all day long. Maybe you could try getting in a big dose of protein first thing. I really do feel a difference (for the better) when I do that.  If I don't do my protein bullet in crystal light first thing in the morning, I have the munchies and feel hungry all day too.  If I drink that first thing, I'm good all day long!   Just a suggestion...

Most Active