IBS from being carb intolerant?

Nicole T.
on 12/25/07 9:49 pm
Hi, I've had IBS, the diarrhea type, for many years now. I was diagnosed w/ pcos at 19 but continued to eat carbs. anytime i eat anything processed (which is all the time) i get sick to my stomach and have to run to the bathroom. I know if i do low carb, this problem goes away. 

my question is, did anyone have this same problem and did the surgery help them?
Misty M.
on 12/27/07 3:18 am - Renton, WA
I actually got IBS as a result of the surgery, but I still would'nt change anything. I just cut out fatty meats, red meat, and a lot of the whites: rice, too much sugar, pastas, bread. its hard to eat a diet high in carbs anyway, because they make me feel like crap. Food intolerances are a part of this. If you haven't had surgery yet, be aware that there are downsides. I made sure to ask all kinds of questions, but decided having the IBS was better than being so obese I was going to die. Hopefully, the dietary needs you will have to listen to will help you to alleviate the better part of the IBS (also, taking a fiber supplement has helped me enormously!). Take care! -Misty

Misty        

Most Active