10 days post-op, so sick of pureed food,vegetarian,please help!!!

JACKIESMOM
on 12/21/07 2:21 am - FL
i asked a while ago for protein options for me but would love more info. i am 10 days out,lacto-ovo vegetarian and i want to know what else can i eat besides, eggs,veggie chichen strips,tofu. i just need to get through the next few days. my nut said i cant have beens for a while(too high in carbs) please advise. happy holidays!!!!

KimMM
on 12/21/07 8:03 pm - APO, NY
How about some sweet potato pureed with some peanut butter and red pepper (mock African stew) Broccoli cheese soup or  hummous?
JACKIESMOM
on 12/22/07 12:55 am - FL
THANKS, I CAN NOT HAVE ANY OF THOSE. BROCHOLI, TOO GASSY,NO VEGGIES FOR ANOTHER 4-5 WEEKS. IT ALL SOUNDS GOOD BUT MY NUT DSAID NO.  I APPRECIATE THE EFFORT,THOUGH HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Misty M.
on 12/27/07 3:23 am - Renton, WA
Honestly, I didn't want to get back on solid foods for a while, but all I ate was vegetable broth, cottage cheese with almond or orange flavoring (like vanilla), jello, pudding, soft eggs and cheese, protein shakes. as i progressed into more solid foods, i experiemented with mashed potatoes, yogurts, harder eggs, bean soups, lentils, etc. i am not a vegetarian, but i don't eat much meat, so i ate pretty lacto-ovo. anything you would regularly eat, and can puree or something....what about a polenta with feta melted in? a little garlic powder and pepper makes it pretty tasty. good luck with finding a wide enough variety for yourself!

Misty        

KrisW
on 1/3/08 11:08 pm - Haymarket, VA
Taco Bell refried beans.  Heaven at your stage and no animal products like lard!

Kris
JACKIESMOM
on 1/3/08 11:54 pm - FL
NOT ALLOWED BEANS FOR A WHILE. THEY SAY THEY ARE TOO CARBY :(

KrisW
on 1/4/08 2:58 am - Haymarket, VA
Wow!  I was eating those TB refried beans at 3 weeks.  Of course, one little container made 4 meals at that time.  You might be able to do some interesting juices at home with various fruits, veggies, protein powder, soy/rice/almond milks.  What about scrambled tofu?

Kris
JACKIESMOM
on 1/4/08 3:27 am - FL
can you believe i am not allowed veggies till 6 weeks post op anf no fruit untill 4 months post-op. i have made teriaki tofu, bbq tofu. i ma sick of eggs and veggie chick'n. :(

KrisW
on 1/4/08 3:35 am - Haymarket, VA
I can understand not eating the whole fruit or veggie from the standpoint of the bulk/fiber.  You would get full so fast, they are probably concerned about getting adequate nutrition.  But I can't imagine that they would object to juicing the veggies or even blending or pureeing them to death and then straining out the fibrous part.  You definitely need some variety!

Kris
JACKIESMOM
on 1/4/08 3:58 am - FL
i agree. i would love variety right now. all i am allowed is protein,protein,protein. i am allowed lettuce only next week. Whoo! i can only eat it after the protein is consumed though. i need a vegetarian godmother to guige me and give me variety.

Most Active