Liquid Protein supplements from Bariatric Advantage

Nicole T.
on 12/20/07 10:17 pm
Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that I got a bunch of liquid protein supplements from bariatric advantage last night. There are a couple different products that give you 15 grams of pre-digested protein per serving. The servings are small so I figure it would be great especially during the beginning part of my journey to ensure I get all my protein. the problem is most of them taste atrocious. the only one that was halfway decent and didn't make me gag was pro-stat 64 wild cherry flavor. the other stuff smelled bad and oh wow tasted horrible. Does anyone use these types of supplements or have suggestions? Thanks.
HeatherMac
on 12/22/07 11:46 am - FPO, Italy

Although i'm no expert (i'm having my surgery in 4 days) i've heard that your tastes can change dramatically after surgery and that some that you like before surgery might taste nasty and vice versa...so you never know...the nasty ones might just taste okay :)

trinchuckle
on 12/23/07 7:38 am - Trinidad, CA
I have read posts from people who mix them with sugar free jello.  They report that it disguises the taste.  I have not tried this.
Roberta Murray
on 12/25/07 6:25 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
I don't use much of the liquid stuff but I have found that if I mix things with flavored water it helps alot or put in a blender with some frozen fruit (natural no added sweeteners). The jello is a good idea (except I HATE jello LOL).

Ciao 4 now,
    Berta
385(hw)/292(sw)/186(cw)/150(gw)

Bonnie421
on 12/31/07 1:38 pm
I use these bullets from GNC stores and mix them 1 to 1 or 1 to 2 with water and they then taste like flavored water and are pretty good.  ($2.99) I just bought a bunch of the bariatric advantage bullets like you have and was hoping for the same.  The Vitamin Shoppe also has these in 42 g protein each and I do the same 1 to 1 ratio, these are ok to as long as they are mixed with water.  I even dumped one in a full bottle of water and it was ok.  I'd much rather drink my protein than eat it.  I don't  like how the whey protein changes the taste and consistancy of my soups, puddings ect. I'm 13 days out and use Lean Protein powder from GNC in my shakes(25g protein).    I have also bought the Designer Whey (choc and vanilla) from Trader Joes and these are really great 18 g of protein in 3 oz of milk.   I also add the Designer Whey to plain coffee for a great taste.  The choch has a slight malt flavor so if you don't like malt..... One last suggestion.  I also bought Isopure powder in Banana/Orange/pinapple from GNC.  One scoop of the powder is 25g protein and I mix it with the Tangerine Crystal Light or any other fruit flavor crystal light  (16oz of crystal light with one scoop)  I drink this as a great alternative to water all day and I get my protein too.  Sometimes I blend 6oz of vanilla yogart or a ripe banana or low sugar fruit juice to it.  Now I'm going to go try one of the bullets from BA, I had them in my car ready to take to work. I think they will return them if you don't like them. Good luck Bonnie
Most Active