List of Foods, proteins, veggies, fruits

babyphat-babyslim
on 12/20/07 2:43 am - Northern California, CA
Hi guys, I had my surgery on 9/7/06 and I am down 107 lbs, currently weighing in at 181. I haven't lost anything in 3 months and need to be more aware of what I am eating. Does anyone have a list or word doc that just lists out all the good/healthy foods we should be eating? I know this is really basic, and exactly what I need. I need to have a list of all the foods that are good for me to eat so that when I go to the grocery store, I can only buy from my good food list, I think it will help me from buying things that are tempting me like BBQ chips and saltine crackers! I need to clean up my act so I can continue to lose. Anyone?
Sarah Lyon
Certified Massage Therapist
Lymphatic Drainage Therapist

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/07 4:45 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
Here's a list of staple items I always keep around: low-fat cottage cheese sugar-free preserves (mix a tablespoon or two w/ cottage cheese for flavor) light yogurt light string cheese beef jerky low-fat deli meats (smoked turkey, ham, roast beef, etc.) low-fat cheese slices skim or 1% milk Lean Cuisine and Weigh****chers Smart Ones frozen meals - I look for meals that have less than 35 grams of carbs and at least 18 grams of protein (the more protein and less carbs, the better) fresh fruit - apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, pears - whatever's in season fresh vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, whatever you like canned vegetables - in case I want a veggie and haven't been to the grocery for fresh Kellogg's AllBran Buds high fiber cereal (helps prevent/manage constipation issues) Quaker Weight Control oatmeal lean proteins for dinner - steak, chicken, pork, fish - whatever sounds/looks good at the store I try to avoid bringing things into the house that I should not eat -- crackers, chips, potatoes, white rice, etc.  If it's not there, I can't eat it!   Good luck finding a new plan that works for you, and good luck on your continuing journey... Kellie
monikabell123
on 12/24/07 9:09 pm - Thailand
Hi there - I am in the same situation. I lost 102lbs now around 182lbs and haven't lost anything for ages. If you find out news please share with me ! Good luck. I am going to go back to 100% protein and up the exercise and see.....all the best  Kay
Most Active