Sushi ???

Shelby Kelley
on 12/19/07 7:04 am - GA
I have been craving sushi since I got out of the hospital ...when can I have it ???

LizzyL
on 12/19/07 8:52 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello, i also craved su****oo when i was early post op. i never ate the RICE part of the sushi. only what was INSIDE the sushi roll. i also had plain salmon sushi.  what I mean by plain is ....just plain sushi fish....  not rolled up in rice ....  I don't remember what that is really called...lol i am sorry. it was so yummy. it is nice and soft and it went down well. :-) i'd check with your surgeon/nutritionist first before eating any kind of new foods. What food ...stage / phase are you on ? stay within your surgeon's guidelines , never go off your surgeon's food stage diet plan. Always call and check with your surgeon first. best wishes hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

sarard
on 12/21/07 12:36 pm - Costa Mesa, CA
Well, since you're about 6 weeks post op, you are probably on a regular soft diet (are you?)  If so, then sushi would be allowed.  I'd recommend the following;  1. Sashmi 2. Avoid rice 3. Have any  hand roll without the rice 4. Salmon skin may be difficult
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
LizzyL
on 12/21/07 8:18 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
thank you Sara i couldn't remember the name of ..... just plain fish without the fish rolled up in the rice... Sashmi................THATS the name...lol thank you :-) Happy Holidays to you and your family hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Laurie S.
on 1/14/08 3:51 am - Tomball, TX
I'm 3 months out and started eating sushi at about 8 weeks.    I had light rice, and of course totally avoided the tempura fried ones.   The one I tolerated best was the rainbow roll.  I had 2 pieces at 8 weeks out and was full. Now I have 3.    I'm a total sushi addict.  I know some people don't tolerate the rice very well, but I have been fine!  

My Blog: http://www.gastricgirl.com -- the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware...henry miller    
Most Active