42g Liquid Protein "Bullets" (New Whey)

SavannahJ85
on 12/15/07 9:37 pm - NC
Are these a complete source of protein?? I've seen alot of people say they are and alot of people say they aren't, because it's just collagen protein. I've been drinking 1 a day since my surgery and now worried that I havent been getting in that 42g of protein and just wasted money. Any insight?
AmyShu
on 12/16/07 1:11 am - sharpsville, PA
Great question!  I would like to know the answer as well. Thanks for asking Amy
wendy_fou
on 12/16/07 6:58 am - AR
That is what I've been using every day since surgery and I've never heard that they aren't a good source of protein.   Profect is the same sort of protein and lots of people have used that for years and it works for them.  Protica also uses this type of protein.   I have attached the following article: http://www.ezinearticles.com/?The-Versatility-of-Actinase-Pr otein-Complex&id=19019 If actinase (the type of collagenic protein that we're talking about) is poor quality protein, we're all screwed.  LOL
sarard
on 12/17/07 2:34 am - Costa Mesa, CA
I don't see that Jim Duffy - the author of the article attached -- has any nutrition or medical background, so I wouldn't take his advice on EVERYTHING -- however, the protein you are taking is a fine source. You are not screwed!! :) LOL.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
sarard
on 12/17/07 2:33 am - Costa Mesa, CA
No, you did not waste your money. Yes, you do benefit from collagen protein. The best protein to take as a supplement is whey; however, that doesn't mean that all the other proteins are useless. You will benefit from all sources of protein - whether it be whey or soy or whatever form ..... More importantly, if you LIKE your protein shake or protein bullet --- and you are able to meet your protein goals and you feel good --- then--- WONDERFUL!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Nicole T.
on 12/20/07 11:02 pm
I just got one of these in the mail. I ordered a bunch of stuff from bariatric advantage and it tasted horrible. how do you drink it? I am specifically talking about the following product.  http://www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/itemHandler?id=411 is that what you are using? it was very bad.  thanks
Paula I.
on 12/22/07 2:41 pm - St. Louis, MO

Hi,

I ordered the profect and I too, can't see how people drink this stuff.  Thank God, I ordered the sampler first.  I am having trouble with protein drinks.  I havent found one that I can drink yet.  Unfortunately, this is causing me not to get in all of the protein.  I'm on stage 2. 

Paula I

Most Active