Chocolate Milk

pearlnecklace
on 12/14/07 10:37 am - independence, MO

Hey all, I am curretly day two post op with the lap band. I'm going to be starting on milk soon and wanted to know if I could add a little bit of chocolate to it just to give it flavor. I don't drink milk without chocolate.  Jen

wendy_fou
on 12/14/07 11:47 am - AR
I buy generic sugar free chocolate syrup & mix it with skim milk.  I love it!  If it's okay for RNY, I can't imagine it NOT being okay for lapband. 
deniseg
on 12/14/07 12:26 pm - Monticello, AR
I drink Calorie Countdown chocolate milk...I HATE white milk of any kind.  This chocolate milk is low calorie, low fat, and low sugar.  I have one 8oz. glass every night...fluids, calcium, and protein all in one!  If you can find it check it out, it tastes really good...it has a great chocolate taste without being too sweet and is really smooth.  Good luck to ya!

DENISE          
Day of surgery weight/BMI:  246/44.9
Goal weight:  135
Current weight/BMI135/24.6---GOAL!!!!!!!!!
Total pounds lost:  111

MelaniaB_RD
on 12/16/07 12:52 pm - Costa Mesa, CA

Sure you can add chocolate to your milk but I would try to find a sugar-free powder or syrup to keep your calories lower since you will be using it on a regular basis to flavor your milk.    Althought there is no problem with dumping after lap band surgery (since it is a restrictive, not malabsorptive procedure) I always encourage patients to use sugar-free products to keep their calorie intake lower which in turn promotes weight loss. Good luck!

Melania Behrens, MA, RD
President, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
deb_m
on 12/18/07 9:08 pm - Sanford, NC
Try adding no-sugar added Carnation Instant Breakfast.  It tastes great (just like chocolate milk), and adds more protein too!  I'm not a fan of white milk either, but this works great for me!
Deb
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker 

Most Active