Help! I need energy!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/07 8:22 am - Vacaytown, HI
What can I eat or suplement to get more energy.  I feel so tired all of the time I just cant function well.  I have a b12 def and take weekly shots so Im working on that.  I also have depression, but this is the worst I have felt in 2 years energy wise.  Please help!!!
LizzyL
on 12/15/07 12:59 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hi Jess, good morning to you my friend :-) start taking B - 100 complex vitamins also go get the Trader Joe's brand of  - B 12 complex vitamin. it also has B 6 and Folic Acid in it also i take my multi-vitamin from Bariatric Advantage here is their website.  great vitamins!!!!! :-)  http://www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog if you are taking children's vitamins... stop. if you are further post op.... like WE ARE we should start taking regular ADULT vitamins ....so we can get our FULL effect from our vitamins. but talk this over with your surgeon and nut first of course :-) best wishes always hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/07 1:07 am - Vacaytown, HI
Ill tell you what I have been taking and you let me know if its not right or any suggestions.  I take B12 shots weekly at the Dr. office.  I take a liquid multi vitamin (get it at costco), Iron tablets that contain vit c, folic acid, b12, and 156%iron.  I also take a 40% rda calcium supplenmenet bc I get plenty of calcium.  I could take more of those pills if needed.  I also take a fiber supplement called multifiber.  And an herbal supplement called multi herb.  On top of this I take Wellbutrin (started this one today), Xanax, and Klonopin.  The keep switching my meds bc I have reactions to them.  So do you see anything that needs inprovement in this list?   Thanks, JEss
LizzyL
on 12/15/07 1:06 am - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Oh Jess, i also would like to add that i do take my B 12 vitamin .....that i get from Trader joe's every single day. B 12 is OK to take everyday. there is no side effects from taking too much of B 12 ... NOT that i know of... but then again i could be wrong. B 12 does not get stored in our body... it goes right through the body I take whatever amount there is in my Multi vitamin , and in my B -100 complex vitamin AND what ever amount there is in my B 12 vitamin from trader Joe's. i have a lot of energy throughout the day by taking all of these vitamins. and i do not crash until i am ready for bed. :-) please keep me updated on how you are doing hugss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/07 1:09 am - Vacaytown, HI
Thanks... also my Dr said he put me on wellbutrin bc it might pep me up.  He suggested ritalin bc it peps up adults but i told him I didnt want to be jittery.  He said it might be related to Depression and PTSD as well (lack of energy).  But it seems to be getting worse.
ginau
on 12/15/07 2:52 am - mesa, AZ
Jessica   Get off the liquid vitamins - and go to chewable , Liquid runs out of your system too quickly and does not get enought time to be absorbed - might help with the deficiency problem as well !  I had a big go round with my primary on using liquid vitamins - it made a differance for me !  also get blood test done to see where other imbalances are
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/07 3:39 am - Vacaytown, HI
Yeah I recently had blood tests and had low rbc, B12.  thats why Im on the shots.  But otehrwise It was ok.  I notice I get a lot of hypoglycemia though.  I was on chewable so Ill go back to that the liquid tastes way bad anyway.  Jess
armywife12
on 12/16/07 7:45 pm - IN
Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling so BLAH. Are you still getting enough protein and fluids. You probably are in the habit of that at this point. Have you had your  hormone levels checked. You might need a natural progestorone supplement, or you thyroid coud be off. I agree with the liquid vitamin thing- goes right through.  Good Luck, Angie
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/07 6:34 am - Vacaytown, HI
I get lots of water now.... protein I try... but its hard sometimes.  My hormones are absolutely fine.  I might just need to adjust the liquid vitamin thing.  Thanks, Jess
Most Active